1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: Opportunity lost, backs to the wall and the future of the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

If the rockets have been having the problems they have, what opportunity is lost by losing this series? I definitely get that we are taking away time and meaningful minutes from rooks, but it seems like more people are upset we aren't 2-2 right now. This team is broken. the last thing we need is more fools gold to motivate management to continue to keep the band together. Rip the band aide off already.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I still think it was worth it to see this team get destroyed the way it has.

3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I would like to believe it builds character, although, I'm not super convinced that it will.

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"I've got a fe-ver. And the only prescription........is more KJ."

5. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Last game of the season!

[​IMG]

6. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Lose.lose situation if rockets come back from this three one whole... We still get no respect... Everyone will say Curry got hurt.... There you go Les even if we win the freaking championship it will be tainted. Everything is screwed thanks Les.

7. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I agree it's only around 3 mil it will eat up and with beasley playing on a minimum deal we can just act like it's going to him and he's being paid 4 mil a year which would still be great value for what he brings as a spark plug offensive player off the bench.

Beasley is part of the future. He can be that 12 ppg in 15-18 min against bench players and that's huge. He got us back in the game in the first quarter by himslef last game. GS has nobody that can match up with him other yhan green and that takes green away from helping out on harden which as we saw got hsrden going at the end of the 1st also.

Just wish beasley was a little better on D and he could start for us.

8. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

This team isn't coming back against the Warriors even without Curry. This team makes too many unformed errors both defensively and offensively. The same bad transition defense, bad turnovers, horrible shot selection is too much to overcome against a team that executes as well as Golden State.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

perhaps not, but it does expose the cracks in full light.

10. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

All our championships are tainted apparently. So I would still take it

11. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Nice point, I guess I would too...;)

12. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

It's not completely absurd to think we can win this game 5 with Curry out and hopefully the Warriors out of rhythm due to Curry news. Then we return home and we have an even better shot with the home crowd.

If we take them to 7, I will be decently satisfied. Obviously a first round exit is never "satisfying," but against a team as good and deep as the Warriors, taking them to 7 is something you can build on. Winning more than one game is an improvement from last season (even if it's in the first round).

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Even if we win the Finals, we should not be bringing everyone back, not even JBB.

You cannot expect consistent results from them

You got to think about the future

14. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Currently, both Curry-less Warriors and the Rockets are a 40-45 games team, so I think the chances for winning a game is 50-50 for the Rockets.

Unfortunately, next game is in Oakland, that gives the edge to the Warriors. If the Rockets can somehow pull an upset, they should win the game 6th at home, then it's a dog fight for game 7.

15. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

[​IMG]

16. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

The rockets this year is pathetic. Lack of effort, consistency, and just overall drive. One thing I'm happy about is the NFL draft is tomorrow and can't wait for the Texans.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well that happened only in your head.