1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: On the NBA Draft, Wood trade and -- is Eric Gordon next?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 20, 2022.

1. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

I really feel Griffin is being unsold. 19 off injury season, he will get more mobility back and the dude is the best shooter bar none. I always repeat this... "it's a make or miss league" Draft the guy that can make the shot over the thousands of come and gone uber athletic guys that jump out of the gym. See latest example Westbrick.

robbie380 likes this.
  2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Agreed on Griffin. He seems to be dropping a bit, but that level of shooting is hard to pass up. He would look like a very clear trade up target if he falls.

Aruba77 likes this.
  3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

he’s actually still 18

4. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I dont think Griffin is actually as good as the shooting data for one year suggests But I also think that he was not on display in a lot of other aspects of his game.

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i think a lot of the positive stat projections on him also include what he did in high school. Apparently he was much more of a shot creator, but acquiesced to coach K’s system.

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Morey has apparently offered the 23rd pick in this draft for EG, but the Rockets haven't made a move.

Are they adamant on retaining him?
    @Nook

jcmoon likes this.
  7. htownborn34

htownborn34 Member

What a draft got players at good value and at important positions and clearly put an emphasis on brining in defensive minded guys who can contribute on offense. And didn’t give up real assets to get these guys

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Would not be shocked if Gordon is packed with KMJ and some of those 2nd rounds for a further out future first pick.

Now there's a glut of guards and wings (Green/KPj/Nix/Tyty/JC/Tate/KMJ/GM) along with forwards Smith/Garuba/Tari) and one center in Sengun. 12 guys and one of them who is a wing that wants more minutes. Better to move KMJ who outside shooting 3's and dunking isn't really standout at much else. I like him, I think he has a very bright future, but seems to me it's time to move him with his value high and teams highly interested in him.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

And Ego stays.....I mean, we just can't flick him off our finger.

DD

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

EG and Harden again

11. Hemingway

Hemingway Member