1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: On Rockets’ struggles, Carmelo Anthony and the approaching trade deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 27, 2017.

1. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

the only way i would want carmelo is if we get him for literally nothing. no picks, no players, no brewer. nothing. riddle me that

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Melo is not a good fit for an MDA offense period. Plus Melo wouldn't co-exist with Harden very well at all.

We need an inside presence particularly on the defensive end of the court. Capela is soft.

Stormy1234 and D-rock like this.
  3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Melo isn't coming here anyway. Thanks Lala for helping us out.

DonKnock likes this.
  4. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Melo sucks. If we can use brewer, brown, KJ to replace, lets do it. Otherwise, we choose ibaka more better. Melo does not work in MDA system

Stormy1234 likes this.
  5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Thank God for this.. Melo is a big time cancer and the Rockets need to recognize that.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  6. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Would much rather have a few of those Nuggets pieces than Melo.

Wilson Chandler and Barton on this team:eek:

mikol13 likes this.
  7. musketoon

musketoon Member

I have no idea why they would trade Barton. Maybe Chandler and Nurkic but Barton does a lot of good things for that team when he isn't injured.

8. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Would rather have Gallo.

Gallo could be Melo Lite in our system, but without the attitude, ego or astronomical salary.

D-rock likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

If we really wanted a Melo-lite then we should have kept Beasley. Gallo is a true stretch 4.

10. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

You do realize Gallo is top 20 in FTA per game, right? He's not just some statue that parks himself in the corner and waits for kickouts. He's a very crafty offensive player that's dangerous both spotting up and taking it to the basket.

He's in an entirely different stratosphere as a player than a worthless chucker like Beasley.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

I was not knocking Gallinari. I know he is skill diverse but not a fan of Melo so the Beasley crack was based not on his offensive propensity but also his inability to share the ball.

Beasley is not just skill diverse, he is a true volume scorer like Melo, except their teams do not tend to win due their selfishness.

12. Raven

Raven Member

Melo? When has he ever shown a willingness to mesh? What has he ever accomplished? Plus he would cost too much.

13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Melo always seem bad at the end of close games I've seen.