1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: On Rockets’ struggles, Carmelo Anthony and the approaching trade deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 27, 2017.

1. finsraider

finsraider Member

I think the issue in New York was more Lin/Melo than MDA/Melo. It's possible it could work here...nothing has materially changed about Melo since we rolled out the red carpet for him a year or two ago.

It would probably take Anderson, Dekker and our 1st to get it done.

Ramo$e likes this.
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

QUESTION: What about DWade?
    I can imagine him doing damage in this offense.

Does not help our BIG problem but man . . .. the scoring and trips to the line would be unreal

Rocket River

3. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

What problem does Melo really fix? He's not old but he definitely has shown the largest signs of regression. He doesn't defend and he is a black hole. He can stay in NY.

DonKnock, Remlap, macho87 and 2 others like this.
  4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If the Bulls implode, the one I want from that roster (besides Jimmy Butler, of course) is:

[​IMG]

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yes to Taj Gibson!

DonKnock and craguin like this.
  6. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Great pod, a lot of content to digest. Thank you Clutch and Bima.

I cannot wait until the deadline has come and passed. While I'm sensitive to the team's chemistry, I almost feel like a move is needed this year to make a deep playoff run.

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I don't know if that package would get it done. I think you'd probably have to throw in our 2017 unprotected souls + our chances of winning a title to get it done.

On a more serious note, something has changed, we now have the best player in the NBA and one of the best coaching staffs along with a desirable situation for FA's. We are not as desperate as we were then.

Ramo$e likes this.
  8. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

That's not how MDA remembers it, he AND Morey acknowledge that Melo and Kobe did not buy in to D'Antoni's system, while Harden did.

And if Rockets have horses to get Melo, then why not go after Butler instead?

DonKnock likes this.
  10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets are showing us that the first two months were a fluke. Harden has returned back to earth and the rockets are the team we thought they were at the start of the season.

We knew the reliance on the 3, the TO's, and the lack of D was going to catch-up with this team. Looks like it finally has.

tycoonchip likes this.
  11. topfive

topfive CF OG

I stand with my brother.

#NeverMelo

12. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

I love you too.

Time for some fun music..

13. Remlap

Remlap Member

Melo to the DMA Rockets?
    Why don't we just jam a whole roll of TP in the toilet and watch what happens?
    D'Antoni's been there and says 'NO THANKS'
    I don't want him either. It would be like Dwert and James all over again
    SOMEWHERE, Phil Jackson is wringing his hands hoping someone will fall for it. . .

[​IMG]

#53 Remlap, Jan 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
    DonKnock, heypartner and Tha_Dude like this.
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The team is just tired
    The last game. . . the HANDS defense and not moving their feet
    are prime examples of Tired Legs

Rocket River

DonKnock likes this.
  15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I felt the same way as you. It does make sense because Harrell is a bonafide asset and obviously you have to give up something to get something.

The only thing I can say is that I would hope and pray that we don't get Carmelo Anthony. I would hate to have him on the team. I know that this website is unofficial and part of the Rockets organization, but I will make a donation if the deadline passes and we don't have Anthony.

Remlap likes this.
  16. fattz

fattz Member

Yes please...
    Anderson needs to be worked in some where

17. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Anderson is not going to be traded. I heard a podcast not long ago that made a lot of sense in that trading Anderson would really make this franchise look bad bc we used him as an assets rather than appreciate what he actually brings to the table. Again this is a long shot trade which I highly doubt happens however that doesn't mean it won't happen in the future. Blake has an option this year and will more than likely weigh his options if he is dealt to a NY bc that team isn't winning anytime soon and I can see HOU being a huge possibility. On the other hand HOU doesn't want to make a hue move this trade deadline bc they feel like they can contend with what'l they have and maybe making a small move here and there which is where Ibaka comes in. Orlando knows they have ZERO leverage bc he's on the last year of his deal making him a huge rental risk for any team wanting to trade for him therefore Orlando will not get much for him and could possibly be a trade deadline steal without giving up much and still keeping tournament main core intact.

DonKnock and D-rock like this.
  18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thanks, FB. I'd clarify that ClutchFans is not part of the Rockets organization (I think you just had a typo), but Clutch is treated as a member of the media (which he is, of course), with press passes and everything. Such a change from the old days, when he (and we) were treated like a pain in the arse that they wished they could get rid of. I agree about Melo. His wife would hate Houston, and Melo no longer fits this team, in my opinion, putting aside his contract. I just don't see it happening, although Morey wanted him in the past.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, I agree it's not. I mentioned that it was unofficial. I just also said that it was part of the Rockets organization instead of not part of it. I left out a word... Doh!

#59 FranchiseBlade, Jan 31, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  20. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

As always, great podcast!

#NeverMelo

Maybe Melo from 5 years ago. Not the 2017 version.