1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: On Rockets’ struggles, Carmelo Anthony and the approaching trade deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 27, 2017.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Carmelo isn't the same player. Do not want him with Harden.

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Really enjoyed the latest podcast, Clutch, with Bima this time. I'm going to listen to it again in a bit, because of all the trade possibilities you guys knocked around. I was a little surprised that Harrell's name kept coming up, but it makes sense. He's having a terrific season for a young player that I, at least, didn't expect a lot out of this year. He's made himself very attractive to teams looking for young talent with a cheap contract, although it's only for this season and next season. Dekker's less likely to be moved for the reasons you give. He's run up against the Wall, in my opinion (I agree there, as well). I hope he extracts himself soon. We need him, which says a lot considering the low expectations a majority of us had about the guy last summer.

FranchiseBlade and Clutch like this.
  3. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Melo isn't coming here. We got D'antoni and we'd have to give up a lot to put him here.

D-rock likes this.
  4. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Hmm...That's interesting.

BigMaloe likes this.
  5. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

3 team trade for Austin Rivers? Apparantly he's on the block.

LAC- Melo and a future 2nd Round pick
    HOU- Blake and Rivers
    NY- Harrell, Brew, KJ, Crawford and rights to Gentile or Llull

6. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Melo to Clippers
    Rivers, Brewer, McDaniels to Knicks
    Crawford to Rockets

Obviously multiple firsts coming to Knicks also.

7. thekad

thekad Member

Crawford is terrible. Rivers isn't much better.

8. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Giving up Harrell, Brewer and KJ and get Blake?

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He is a head case
    and I don't think he brings much

I think I would take DWade over Melo at this point

Rocket River

10. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

U have to understand it's a 3 team deal which is completely different than a 2 team deal. NY wants picks and young players along with clearing cap. They want to build around KP and they know Blake wouldn't stay in NY for that rebuild. Picks and good young talents.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

If you were new york you'd trade melo in a griffin trade but would rather have harrell and kj mcdaniels over blake griffin? And Houston/Clips are 2 of the best teams in the leagur so you say no to blake but yes to minimim players and low first rounders?

12. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Trading for Melo is a very low risk move. It wouldnt take much to get him, and I assure you, if it doesnt work out, you could dump him on Brooklyn for their scraps.

13. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Guys, Melo to Houston won't happen because of MDA.

Melo not only got him fired in New York, he actually quit on him back there and he simply won't fit.

MDA had a very successful first half of a season around Amare, the team was playing together, playing with heart, grabbing victories, Stoudemire was a top-3-top-5 MVP candidate, but once Melo has arrived it all went the wrong way and eventually disappeared afterall. It was looking like a trading the whole starting lineup for Anthony was a main thing to blame, but even after a strong offseason the things went south and there is definitely a ton of bad blood between them.

Carmelo is a horrible long-time fit, because of his liabilities, bad character, empty heart and HORRIBLE FUTURE DEAL AT AGE OF 33, but most importantly a potential trade of his would destroy the Rockets right away, because D'Antoni would be a hostage of the situation again, I think if you want to show him some credit for what he's done here you won't ever push the button on that move.

MDA downfall actually started because of Anthony and adding him to the lineup right when MDA is like two and a half months away of grabbing his Coach of the Year Trophy is an act of disrespect whatsoever.

#33 _RTM_, Jan 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
    DonKnock, topfive, ArtV and 3 others like this.
  14. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Only Clipper I'd want is JJ Reddick, but wouldn't give up much due to UFA status next year.

15. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Hmmm....

NYK has a few pieces of interest, but Melo has more baggage than American Airlines. Ne' would be reminded of the nightmares lol.

I've heard a bit of chatter, but not much. I'm not entirely sure he'd want to leave NY, even with all the turmoil. That's where he has a platform for his "brand," and LaLa is a happy New Yorker. Both teams in Los Angeles would make sense for the Anthonys from a business standpoint.

If NY trades Melo, they're in for another year (or 5) of rebuilding. Porzingis isn't ready to carry the entire load, and new bodies will understandably take time to adjust to a new system and players that cannot yet anticipate one another's moves on the court.

Melo tolerated all of the losing until Phil got there. Things were stable in the sense of NY expected to be a lottery team each year. I've believed it for more than a decade, but it's safe to say that Phil Jackson is a disease. Wherever he goes, chaos and dysfunction follows. A great deal of it is his doing. His comments to the press spread like wildfire. I guess that's what he feels is necessary to protect his legacy as a winning coach. He can't handle the pressure behind the scenes, so he subliminally taunts his franchise player until everyone is pointing fingers.

Melo is part of the problem, but he's not all to blame. His game is ugly and now ineffective, but NY knew that. They accommodated all of it with a fat contract. If KPor wasn't a future star, Melo wouldn't be available, nor would Phil "Don't Hang With Your Posse, Boy!" Jackson be a media ass hat.

Melo doesn't make this group better. His view of himself is too bright to take a seat to James or sharing the ball with our shooters. The chemistry of this team with Dwight was awful enough. The cliques are finally gone. Melo' would open the wounds that have finally healed.

DonKnock, topfive, Deuce and 5 others like this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Deandre Jordan would be a beast in our system too.

17. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

He doesn't fit the budget this year and he would require gutting... Not good.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Didn't say I would trade for him just responding to comment that he's only Clipper that is liked.

19. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Your missing the point. NY is no where near contending, not even with Blake so if you are NY you are getting picks and clearing cap for the future.

20. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Melo has a no trade clause, and MDA has a no Melo/Kobe/Dwight clause.

DonKnock and heypartner like this.