1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: LeBron James pursuit looms over Rockets as trade deadline nears

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Well, it looks like the Rockets better make sure they win it this year?

RasaqBoi likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

If the Rockets lose to GS this year and don’t get Lebron or PG this summer I’ll be devestated.

amaru and RasaqBoi like this.
  3. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

I really hope Morey didn't hold back on the trade deadline waiting for LeBron, lol. Just looking at some of these moves Cleveland made, with much better assets Houston could've easily gotten better THIS YEAR. God damn it.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  4. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Cle was involved in just about every player mentioned on this board. Crazy.

5. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Considering the absolute overhaul that just happened in Cleveland I don't see Lebron coming here. Cleveland wouldn't move all these parts unless they thought he was coming back.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Classic clutchfans right here.

YOLO likes this.
  7. mockster

mockster Member

Cavs got worse by far

8. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

considering they moved Wade, I personally believe the writing is on the wall for Lebron. Wade knows he's leaving and he rather just chill on the Miami beach for the rest of the season since no point in staying if Lebron is leaving.

Anywho posters on this forum,
    I hope Murray stays put and we have a championship roster and don't want to mess with team chemistry
    sees Cleveland makes moves
    why is Murry not making moves?! We can improve our team!!!

RudyTBag likes this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

they actually got a lot better

Stormy1234 and mrm32 like this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Lol, how?

Stormy1234 likes this.
  11. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Or they are desperately trying to break out of their slump and shake things up, praying that they get back to the finals and somehow, someway convince Lebron to stay.

12. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

The Lakers trade is quite worrisome.

3 max spots available... if they can dump Deng with a first rounder.

CP3/Lebron/PG3

It’s a threat.

13. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

The Rockets can get over that stuff. Real devastation would be the Rockets losing this year and then Chris Paul leaves, the Rockets lose most of their free agent ring chaser appeal, and we're back to Harden all by himself.

14. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

Doubt it

I do think they'll get Kawhi in 2019

15. mockster

mockster Member

Kyrie for Thomas for role players

I know Thomas wasent playing to potential but I would've just rolled the dice with them. Sure what they got gives them more depth and probably makes them better but I would've kept Thomas and traded the Brooklyn pick plus others for other players

They aren't going to beat the warriors without another prime time player and Thomas might have been that as the season progressed

16. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

They literally shipped out garbage for rotational players and athletes that fit, and arguably a fringe all-star in Hill when he's on an established team with some structure.

The Kings are quietly Hinkie Sixers level bad. Hill going from a very good in Utah to a down year in Sacramento is explainable as hell.

If they snatch some decent centers/rim protectors they are gonna be even better than they were in 2015 when they did those deals for Mozgov, Smith, and Shumpert.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

yes trade the brooklyn pick when lebron is likely to leave. makes sense. thomas sucks right now. hes not going to be the player he was last year at any point this season

18. mockster

mockster Member

I understand the hesitation but it's very either go big or go home and they took the inbetween and that's still not enough

It's almost they want him to leave

There playing rebuild mode with Lebron still on the roster

Good trade if your not concerned about rings

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

and with the roster they had before all these moves, it was garbage. everyday was a soap opera. apparently thats more appealing to you

20. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Big time threat. We better win this year. Kind of funny, CP3 in the lynchpin next year, not Lebron. George is going to LA. Lebron will go wherever cp3 chooses. The lure of LA, Magic, very good young roster. It really gets down to how loyal CP3 is to James, although CP3, James, Lebron > CP3, PG, Lebron. Of course, coach might sway the thinking as well. The Rockets seem to really love playing for D'Antoni