1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: Is James Harden leading the early MVP Race?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

[​IMG]

FG% is archaic, teams deliberately foul him on breaks, plus he shoots 3's

#161 Aleron, Dec 14, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
  2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

They had the best record in the East. So with the low shooting %, it's imperative the Rockets get the #1 seed or else Harden won't win the MVP.

3. caneks

caneks Rookie

never a big fan of him.

4. sweetcat

sweetcat Member

This season's MVP is gonna be either Harden or Curry .

5. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Although Harden has the performance, stats, circumstances (leading the team and shining with so many injuries), there simply is no love from the LA and NY centric media.
    They ignore the stats and continue to talk about Harden's defensive inabilities, but fail to watch our games and look at this years stats.
    I'm in disbelief when sections of the media talk about Klay Thompson being the best SG in the league and Harden doesn't even come into the conversation. Pisses me off.

6. alethios

alethios Member

Klay Thompson is good but he doesn't have the ability to lead a team and will them to a victory like Harden does.

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

James' rebounding last night reminded me of Dennis Rodman. It seems James is showing more and more every game.

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

9. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Troy Daniels said hi.

10. t_mac1

if James can somehow bring his fg% to 47-48%, it could be a really tight race with him and Curry down the line.

11. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

If he gets his fg% that high that their wont be any race cause Harden will have it. At 47-48 u have to assume thats 2-3 more ppg on what he has he'd be closing in on a 28-30 ppg 6 and 6 season. That Jordan/LBJ stuff he'd aurely win the MVP performing like that it would be one of the top 5 best Individual season ever I would think.

12. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Wow.. calm down lol

13. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

It's not just about FG%. Curry will always have the edge if the Warriors finish better than the Rockets this season (likely). If Harden can bring us to a top two seed, then he will have a legit shot at MVP, no matter what his FG% is.

14. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Did I say something wrong? Currently he's performing at a level that has never bend done if he keeps it up and then someone mentions him shooting even better from the field. I think some of you guys need to realize this guy is a one in a generation talent and baring injuries he can go down as one of the top 15 players ever. He's on pace to have 3 straight seasons of 25 6 and 6 before his 26th bday. I do t think but maybe 5 players in the league history have done that. Give harden some respect bro.

15. t_mac1

Umm.. that wouldn't sniff top 5 regular season of all time.

16. nemac

nemac Member

He has improved immensely but i think this is his first 25/6/6 season.

17. marky :)

marky :) Member

I like Klay Thompson and all but I don't understand how he is sometimes ranked higher than Harden. Harden does more for his team than Thompson and he doesn't have a superstar PG running with him in the backcourt. Not to sound like a homer or discredit anything Thompson has done but I feel like he's benefited greatly from Curry's tremendous play this season.

18. t_mac1

Harden is the obvious better player than Klay, particularly offensively. Anyone who says otherwise either don't watch basketball or really emphasize defensive play.

But we need to give Klay credit. He's arguably a top 2-3 defensive player in the league who marks the best offensive player on a daily basis, and still puts up 20 a game. Who does that besides Lebron when motivated? Nobody.

19. langal

langal Contributing Member

considering Dwight's absence and our record - definitely a frontrunner imo.

the voters would probably also note the loss of Asik/Chandler/Lin as "key" losses during the offseason too -which should get him more consideration.