1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: Is Goran Dragic to Houston suddenly possible?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 16, 2015.

1. dlite316

dlite316 Member

awesome podcast as always. very information rich. if we land haywood, i would not scratch my head and wonder what??? lol
    again great job and thank u both.

2. dream2franchise

Manageable length? I got 7 hours a day here, plus my train rides. Yak it up all you want :grin:

3. Raven

Raven Member

First, the Suns (obviously) put Dragic on the block. Next, they vehemently deny any intention of trading him. In other words, yeah, they're willing to deal Dragic, but there's not going to be any fire sale.

4. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

And it's so annoying what they are doing. Just give a logical straightforward answer! Honestly this week is going to put my curious nerves on the edge!

5. quinnolivarez

quinnolivarez Member

funny, the kanter-to-phx thing is precisely what I suggested several days ago. great minds think alike.

6. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Or if he tells Phoenix he will accept the Lakers' max offer if Phoenix does not pony up the max. Which hopefully is the message relayed at the meeting tomorrow.

7. Nils

Nils Member

Again...why do you think that everyone wants to play here? Durant, I could give you, because he and Harden are VERY close friends...they were Siamese Twins this week at the All Star festivities. Other than that fantasy, everything else is probably a pipe dream...and yes, Dragic forgoing his payday for a year would be nice, but injuries are a reality, and he owes Houston nothing....I'm guessing that if we trade for him, we'll sign him to the max available(they would have his bird rights, so they can pay him the full max).

8. p10maggs

p10maggs Member

Dragic solves 85% of our problems!

9. Red Rising

Red Rising Member

Sure quinn, you think you know everything. Just stick to running your poker games on Friday night.lol

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

At this point, the best case scenario i could see him accepting is something that looks like 18, 17, 18, 19, 20. He simply hasn't earned enough money in his career to be playing cap shenanigans.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Loved it.

DD

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He fixes your problems not mine.

13. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

Suns meeting with Goran is today, right?

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yep. Today.

15. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

Does anyone know what time? This whole process appears it will consume my life this week. Hope it works better than the last time I let Rockets transactions consume my life (waiting for Bosh to sign).

16. UrMyStlkAl

UrMyStlkAl Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sources: Suns want to keep and re-sign Dragic, but to even consider a deal, they would minimally want player w/ All-Star potential and pick.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/567732883209854976">February 17, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Pap has All-Star Potential. Look at the playmaking and pacing ability he has to offer prior to the injury in Dec.. He's an All-Star in the making.

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

TJones + NOP 1st, you say? Deal.

19. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

This could work, only problem is Suns are stacked with PFs... They wan a Wing player 2/3. Pap fits more of the bill. Pap can literally play all 5 positions if he got his handles and shot right.

20. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

Would anyone be against parting with both Papanikalaou and Jones as well as the pick? I'd be fine with it.