1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast - Houston Rockets: The surprising contender

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 6, 2017.

1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Finally got around to listening to this. Awesome as always @Clutch thanks for everything you do.

Clutch likes this.
  2. MONON

MONON Member

Great podcast! Really enjoyed it. Thanks guys!

Clutch likes this.
  3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Agreed with both of you that we just really need a bigger player to 'mix things up'.
    A big banger, rebounder is our biggest need.

If no trade materializes, i'm surprised Josh Smith (flawed as he is) isn't even in the rumor mill.

I spent last season wondering what happened to that guy, but after learning about the Dwight Howard fallout, it makes sense that Smith would have an 'off' season, being one of Howard's closest friends in that messed up locker room.

In this new D'Antoni-Harden offense I think Smith could be a great roll man, alley-oop target, rebounder, and extra defensive body off the bench.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Excellent podcast, Clutch and MK. Wish there was another dissecting the win against the Raptors. Call me greedy. More, please! :)

Clutch likes this.
  5. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

i wouldn't put them into contender category yet, but if they continue this trend of late game execution like last night, then i will believe it. This year's rockets are the exact opposite of the last couple years, we are actually winning in tight situations in the last couple minutes, whereas previously we will dig a hole, crawl out of it then ultimately for short

6. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Like they did the last 2 straight. Great jinx post.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I mean very few contenders have one big star. You need someone else who can hedge when you primary star is struggling.

The Rockets don't play great when Harden struggles in crunch time. He needs someone to take the pressure off - everyone big star needs that - even MJ had Pippen.

8. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Jinx podcast.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the surprising also-ran

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol

11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Nah, we're having a mid-season lull. We started the season 6-5 and no one called us contenders, yet halfway thru it was a different story. Same here. Give it time.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  12. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Let's see what Feb brings. You have the b2b against atl and chi. After that it's a cotton candy schedule save for roadt against charlotte. No reason we don't run the table. I would 7-2 in feb is perfectly reasonable. 8-1 preferable. 6-3 would be borderline. Anything less than 6-3 then yea. Should be very concerned about this team

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol

14. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

We've played 49 games. Next closest in the league is 47, I believe. That's turble.

[​IMG]