1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: Dwight Howard's a Rocket, is LaMarcus Aldridge next?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 15, 2013.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

beverly = chalmers

2. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

If LaMarcus wanted to be here before the Rockets signed Dwight, imagine how he feels now. LaMarcus and Dwight would expose Miami's only real weakness. But then again, there's this guy named Lebron, so anything can happen in a 7 game series. Sucks that Portland balked at the trade and got Robin Lopez instead.

3. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Would rather have Lin and Asik.

4. boozle222

boozle222 Contributing Member

Should I be spending the next week on hear waiting for an announcement about LMA?

[​IMG]

... yes I should.

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

No way.

6. Convictedstupid

Please happen please happen please happen please happen

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Wow. I'm surprised. Not saying you're wrong, but I feel completely opposite. I think Lin is an average player that can be replaced easily (despite the fact I like him personally)...and I think Asik is an above-average player.

But I think LMA is one of the best in the game at his position...and I think if you have the opportunity to populate your team with 3 of the best players at their respective positions, you need to do it.

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

The beauty with Asik as an asset is that a lot of teams want him, not just Portland. Surely a 3-way trade can be arranged where Asik is traded for pick(s) and/or young players who are then sent over the Portland.

The issue here is whether another team is willing to pay more for what may be a rental. Obviously, the Rockets have no fear that Aldridge will leave then in the 2015 FA barring a disaster. But other teams may fear him bolting in 2 years, lowering his value.

9. Rockets25

Rockets25 Member

Harden would have no more driving lanes with Aldridge and Howard in the paint.

10. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I've always had the belief that Morey was going to get something done for LMA if LMA wants to be here. Whether that's this offseason or if that's near the trade deadline, I don't know, but if it's true about LMA wanting to be in Houston, he will end up being in Houston. And with LMA this team is a legitimate contender, no question about it. You would have 3 stars who can get their own shot at any time. LMA and Dwight would be in their primes -- both at age 27. It's hard to defend two big men with the size and length that LMA and Dwight are -- just look at Memphis and the success they had last season. Now elevate that to even higher level with two guys who are arguably the best at their position.

Also, for the people that say LMA can't shoot 3's -- he doesn't really attempt them. I think he can add a 3 pointer if he wanted to, he's a more than capable shooter to add that range.

1 person likes this.
  11. Morey=Money

Morey=Money Member

OMG LMA !!!!

No wonder we did not try harder for J-smoove and no wonder Asik and Lin were not invited to the Dwight conference. Too bad the deal did not go through. Hopefully it still has some legs!

12. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Him being a good Power Forward tells me yes - his reliance on mid range jumpers tells me hell no.

13. TruthBeTold

TruthBeTold Member

Last time I checked Aldridge can hit a 15 footer.

14. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Not better than J Smith. I'd rather be patient and keep the team as is unless Love is available.

TJ,Lin and Asik all could take big step forward as commonly seen in young players.

15. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

Ha, yep. Believe me, Harden would be all for this move and it would add just another element to a team that would go from very good to great.

16. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Not better than Josh Smith? Based on what?

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

LMA is an elite scorer at his position and has post-up moves, which is rare these days.

He's better than Bosh on offense but not better definsively.

18. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Aldridge is the best PF in the league

19. cmoney23

cmoney23 Member

20. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

One question: What # would Aldridge wear if he gets traded to Houston? :p

Dwight Howard already has dibs on #12.