1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard and NBA Trade Talks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 18, 2013.

1. jim1961

jim1961 Member

He might be if it netted Dwight or Paul with the knowledge we can sign the other outright.

2. basketballholic

it won't happen

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I have to admit, I got a lot excited when I heard that on the podcast.

4. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Wondering if Clutch would comment on his opinion of the accuracy of the source behind the Parson/Harden/D12 dinner?

Love the podcasts... Please don't shorten....

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

I think the dinner/lunch/whatever took place.

The whole "Dwight told them he is coming to Houston", I don't quite buy that.

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

Who said you could post without a link to a story!

;)

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

Ha, kidding.

1 person likes this.
  8. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

Yeah... I too disagree with this... 30 minutes (or perhaps even more) is perfect for Rockets insight. If it were still the regular season, that may be one thing, but since its the offseason for the Rockets, 30 minutes (at least) is just right. :cool:

9. haydenfisher342

who cares how long the podcast was. 2 hrs or 5 min. Be thankful you have a podcast, in an offseason, about your team. Sorry but some complaints are unwarranted and offend me.

10. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

I think the podcast length was great, but at the same time, I hope you weren't simply responding to dachuda. You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but dachuda seemed very thankful, nice and respectful. Just because he had his own personal criticism, again in a very respectful manner, hardly warrants your harsh response in my opinion.

Maybe you were responding to someone other than dachuda who was much more inflammatory -- in which case I missed that and made a poor assumption, and apologize if that is the case.

11. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Thanks for gathering info and bringing in Bima to help elaborate on this topic. The podcast was very helpful and convienent to many. Thanks Clutch!

12. haydenfisher342

just "complaining" in general. I was harsh, and quick to judge. I am sorry, and will hold myself accountable. I didnt read previous posts in which I have committed hypocrisy because I to have called out people who dont read previous posts. Forgive me I am better then that.

13. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

I understand the initial reaction; I sometimes have that same feeling haha. :grin:

Very nice response though -- I'd rep you if I could lol.

14. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

I can imagine some would recognize Parson's good looks ... but c'mon, if Harden was there I'm sure people would notice his beard. And it would be Harden and Parsons and other members of the Rockets.

Not to say I don't believe it totally, but a random photo of a car parked on the street ...

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm at a loss to understand people complaining about the "length" of the podcast. Surely, you can't be serious! (and don't call Clutch Shirley!)

If anything, they should be longer, as long as they can make them. It's a hell of a lot more interesting than reading 150 posts by one member in one thread, which a couple of people seem to delight in imposing on the rest of us. I'm intrigued by the Dwight "comment." I spent a long time not particularly wanting to get the guy, due to various reasons, mostly to do with concern about his back and that he wasn't serious about leaving LA, but after all this, I'll be very bummed out if he doesn't become a Rocket.

16. clos4life

clos4life Member

Some people don't have time to listen to long podcasts and would rather read the summary, no matter how long, because they can skip straight to the interesting parts.

If the choice is between reading a long post that could take you 10 minutes or wasting 45 minutes to an hour listening to a podcast with nothing to watch I would always choose reading the post.

I've tried listening to podcasts but I'm just a visual dude. Within 2 mins my mind starts to wonder and look up other stuff and I miss half of what the podcast said (usually missing the most important parts along the way).

Personally, I wish there was a summary option for podcasts. That way, whoever wanted to listen to them could but the ones that like to read like me could still get the gist within 5 mins instead of an hour.

17. lancerthompson

lancerthompson Contributing Member

The last few we've put out we have actually cut a little bit of the discussion off of the end to shorten the final product. We are trying to keep it around 30-35 minutes, at the most.