1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: Are the 2016-17 Houston Rockets a 50-win team?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 23, 2016.

1. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

You got to be joking. Everyone is thriving under him . Gordon, Anderson are playing well. Ariza is getting ton of layups off the ball from Harden and Nene passing abilities. Everyone is getting good looks. Harden can do the hell he wants with his skill level and ability to get everyone involved and better.

2. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I think we can all mostly agree the offense is working. Its a bit unclear (to me) how much MDA has to do with it though.

Last year we struggled for many reasons, but one of them was a lack of outside threats. Ryan and Gordon keep the opponent honest in regards to guarding the 3 pt line. That would be true no matter who was coaching.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

By net rating:

#2 offense
    #28 defense
    #9 overall

Enough for 50?

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Fringe.

If that defense rating can creep up to something like 23 or 24, we should be good.

5. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Man I really don't understand how our defense is so low. They actually look decent watching the games. I would have guessed like 18thish

6. Mr. Clutch

You know that's a good question.

I wonder if turnovers hurt the defensive rating. If we give the other team the ball and they get an easy fast-break, does that essentially count against the defense?

7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

What source is that from? On ESPN's website we are:

6th in offensive efficiency
    22nd in defensive efficiency

8. Mr. Clutch

I'm using Basketball Reference's adjusted net ratings

9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Ah, alright, the ESPN ratings are unadjusted then.

10. ksny15

ksny15 Member

That's a solid point I'm sure that definitely hurts the defense even though it really shouldn't. Maybe I just got accustomed to the god awful effort on the defensive side last year that the effort they're displaying this year makes them seem better than they are haha.