1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans, please answer this question.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by avexhype, May 5, 2011.

1. avexhype

avexhype Member

What's up with all the OKC love on this forum?? "I hope they win it all" "im rooting for the thunder" "durant this and that" etc...

I dont get it? What do you guys like so much about them? Personally i hope they get knocked out of the playoffs and don't win a championship anytime soon. Id prefer the MAVS to be in the finals and i HATE dallas. I dunno, maybe i just envy their team and wish the rockets were like them or had their players, but i dont know why you people are suddenly riding OKC's nuts this year, its annoying.

2. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

They're young, scrappy, play hard, and are hungry. Also, Durant went to UT.

3. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

You'd rather have DALLAS in the finals than a young, hard working team with one of the most likable superstars in the league?

Troll thread.

4. Spankie

Spankie Member

they are a scrappy, tough, hustling team with no douchebags

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

They are young, they are classy, they play very hard, they are athletic and fun to watch, they run hard on breaks and finish, they play scrappy defence and hustles, they don't have major douchebags like Lebron.

Now enlighten us why you want the Mavs in the finals. Do you want Jazz to win the championship next year?

6. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

i dunno, i'm pulling for memphis

7. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Top 10 PG in Westbrook, Top 5 PLAYER in Durant, young/athletic shotblocking PF and legit size in the middle along with a legit bench. Yep...I'm jealous.

8. Mr. Space City

I'm not rooting for the thunder

9. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

OKC is also the media darlings.. used to root for them.. now I'm tired of the constant love and over-analyzing of everything they do.

Yes, Durant is a great teammate.. but him being happy that his teammate hit a game winner is no different than how any other player would react. And for that reason...

Go Grizzlies Go.

1 person likes this.
  10. adboy

adboy Member

durant going to UT might have something to do with it. I remember him from those day and still enjoy watching him play. They are my team after it was clear the rox were not making the playoffs.

11. soydeedo

soydeedo Member

I'm with you. I still like the team a lot and I wouldn't be upset at all if they beat out Memphis, but I've grown tired of all the endless love they get from the media these days. It's just annoying, so now I root more for Battier and his Grizzlies. :p

12. snc

snc Member

I like Memphis and OKC. The only reason I want OKC to win this series is because I think they have a better chance going forward against LAL/DAL/CHI/MIA.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I was going to answer you until I read this sentence.

explain.

I actually don't hate the Mavs like most here. I completely, royally hate the Spurs. So explain first and then I'll tell you why I rooting for both Dallas and OKC, but I don't really give a ***** about Dallas or Oklahoma. Nitwitz and Durant are never going to win it as best player. Who cares. Move on.

I actually want Memphis to win and Miami to sweep everyone.

btw: if Miami wins theie next game to go 3-0 on Boston...they will not lose another game. They will sweep every series. book it. If they go 3-0 against Boston,,,,they are going ballistic. They will ravage the league like we haven't seen in a long time.

#13 heypartner, May 5, 2011
    Last edited: May 5, 2011
  14. WestendMassive

OKC is coached by a championship Rocket.

How can you not have a soft spot for them, despite the incessant and over-the-top media love?

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Prediction: I have one, give me yours

If Miami wins their next game to go up 3-0, Boston will give up. Miami will win in 4 then gain such momentum and power (remember Wade won 3 games in a row against Dallas) they will not lose another game. 9 games in a row.

Boston Sweep
    X Sweep
    X Sweep

And I don't even won't them to win. I want Atl, Bos and Chi to win in that order. Next is the winner of Mia or Bos. Notice I really don't like WC teams to win other than the Rockets.

16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Thunder play hard but I never considered them a scrappy team. I mean in the regular season they made more free throws than most of the teams in the NBA even attempted. They practically live at the free throw line, even when they shot nothing but jumpshots (according to everybody in the game thread) in game 1 against Memphis, they still had double the Grizzlie's free throws. Youth, superstars, a clean team, ripe for the media.

17. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Calm down, all they've done this series is defend homecourt like they're supposed to.

18. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Their superstar is one of the most humble players in the league. It's hard not to like that.

19. Shaud

Shaud Member

I know you're not talking. You're the same guy that said "we" last series when referring to the Spurs.

1 person likes this.
  20. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

brb have the defending champs down 2-0 but were not hard working

TROLL POST