1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Playoff scenarios for the Houston Rockets on the final day of the 2014-15 season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Great Red Flash

doesn't matter win or lose, its a first round exit in any scenario

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Get the Great Bed Rash out of here!

1 person likes this.
  4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Games to watch:

Spurs @ Pelicans - 7PM - Prefer a Pels win
    Pacers @ Grizzlies - 8:30PM - Prefer a Pacers win

Also regarding the Knicks 2nd rd pick:

Pistons @ Knicks - 7PM - Prefer a Pistons win

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Just win and hope Spurs win too

Get HCA advantage over a wobbled Portland for the 1st round. Should be an EASY series win. Anything less than a 4-0 sweep and I'll be disappointed.

Get the 14th pick.

Get Harden ready to show Curry who da real MVP is in the 2nd round against GSW. We should be able to beat them 4-2 if Harden has Hakeem level pride.

WCF - who cares

6. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

i agree.

7. Mprice

Mprice Member

I think I may have tracked some OKC fans to the forum.

8. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

How funny is it that we couldn't get past the Jazz in our Yao/Tracy era and now in our Harden/Dwight era, the most crucial game to decide our fate is against the same freaking team!!

9. COMPAQ CENTER

COMPAQ CENTER Member

True. About 9% chance.

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All these scenarios make my head hurt.

11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I would put the odds closer to:

70% - Portland
    20% - Clippers
    6% - Mavs
    4% - San Antonio

12. thejav

thejav Member

If we win today..we will either be the 2nd seed or the 5th seed..depending on how other teams do.

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

But, if San Antonio loses, they'll draw the Warriors in the second round, and the Rockets would have to face only one of them instead of both.

14. hakeemthagreat

Or the Clippers. CP3, Blake & DJ will have field days when Dwight goes out

15. basketballholic

Yeah. The optimist in me agrees with you. The realist in me says we aren't being GS this year, no matter when we play them. In my opinion, we'll come up short against them. Especially with no big man upgrade today. And even if Morey upgraded Dorsey to a better big I seriously doubt if it's enough to get past GS..............or the Spurs for that matter. I think we can win a first round matchup against Portland, Dallas, OKC or NOP, LAC, and possibly, possibly Memphis since they are dinged too. But I don't think we can beat either SA or GS in a 7-game series unless they get a serious injury to one of their premier players (Duncan, Parker, Curry, Thompson).

But I sure hope I'm dead wrong.

16. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

We've been looking at what the Rockets/Spurs/Grizzlies have to play for, but what about the teams they're playing?

Jazz - nothing to play for, a loss gets them a better draft pick. If they win, they'll be tied with the Suns, and win the tie breaker, netting them a worse draft pick.

Pelicans - everything to play for. They control their own destiny...win, they're in the playoffs, lose, it's in the Thunders hands.

Pacers - everything to play for. They control their own destiny...win they're in the playoffs, lose, it's in the Net's hands because the Nets hold the tie breaker.

We've definitely got it easy, at least in comparison to the Spurs/Grizzlies.

17. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Very intriguing. Don't discount the Jazz though. They won last two after being eliminated from the playoffs. The Rockets still need to play this one as a playoffs game.

18. MFG16

MFG16 Member

The Jazz have been a better team after the break, but if we can't beat them at home in a must win then we don't deserve favorable seeding. Just win! Go Rockets! Go Pelicans!

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

In that case, though, it can still be the difference between going out in Round 2 or Round 3. If GSW and SAS are playing each other in Round 2, that means the Rockets are playing a team on the caliber of LAC or MEM -- tough teams, but teams we have a shot at.

Though part of me still says if we're not winning the championship, it doesn't matter when we exit. Still, it'd be good for our credibility in the FA market if we can say we went to the conference finals. And the extra playoff experience will be good too.

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Go Rockets! Go Thunder, Go Spurs.