1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Clutchfans Pick-up Basketball] version 3.0

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by moestavern19, Apr 10, 2009.

1. J-Mac

J-Mac Member

I can't tell if these people are serious or seriously trolling. Every week it seems like its the same thing.

2. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

Hey, I don't know you. I'm just giving some advice based on what I seen in the video. If you didn't want comments, y'd u post the video.

no need to get all butthurt. Just do better next time.

3. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

My first post was serious: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=5626975&postcount=2216

After that, I'm just having fun w/ u biotches. Talking **** is pretty much 15% of good street ball, aint it? :cool:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qzAqzj2cvVI?hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qzAqzj2cvVI?hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

5. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

Wait, is that a Miley Cyrus photo?

LMAO

6. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

It's 35%, actually.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

it just has to do with the kind of players who actually show up...there was a point where the Rockets where just "standing around" and didnt look like they were "playing to win" and theyre professionals.

The competition seems to have picked up lately, probably due to guys like Jcee and blurr (i believe ) who are better ball handlers. I dont want to say they're point guards exactly, but their ability to move with the ball creates movements from everyone else, which increase production and therefore the competition.

Unfortunately, it still comes out to one "tmac" type per team, so there's still going to be some standing and waiting.

8. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

I'm gonna try to pull off the same go in early and leave early from work trick I did last week. Should be there around 4pm or so.
    There no need for any of us to justify our game to this clown. Funny how people who have a 0% chance of playing with us talk noise. :rolleyes:

9. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Hell yeah. My autographed Miley Cyrus Photo. Held it up Hakeem Style.

10. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, it's never anyone that will ever set foot on the court with us. Always some scrub in another state that expresses how much they would love to play with us...oh but also here is what you are doing wrong.

It doesn't bother me. There's always gonna be someone that tries to boost themselves up at others expense. That's part of human nature, I suppose. I have a ****-ton of fun out there playing with you guys, and it is good exercise, even if I'm not busting my lip or getting concussions from the effort. No one will ever see me not show up because I'm worried about what some internet yahoo will say about a video that is posted.

1 person likes this.
  11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

SHAME ON YOU PEOPLE FOR ATTEMPTING TO PLAY BASKETBALL WITHOUT BEING IN SUPERIOR SHAPE AND POSSESSING REQUIRED TALENT TO PLAY AT AN AESTHETICALLY PLEASING LEVEL!

12. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

There are plenty of places I can, and do go to (including organized leagues) for "real" games where players exchange elbows, talk smack, and otherwise take the game very seriously. I've been in heated arguments over the score, gotten in shoving matches under the basket, witnessed countless fights, and have seen a gun pulled on someone after a particularly chippy game.

I know exactly where to find those places if and when I want to.

This is not one of those places, and it shouldn't be.

1 person likes this.
  13. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

Beverly Hills park anybody? Give me rep CCR, now.

My elbow hit some dudes forehead during my jump shot,
    mothafruckin asian mafia came out and shot an automatic rifle after the game.
    You wanna see speed, lol.

Hooped in South Park, hooped in the 5th. Sunnyside? Check. Fonde? Check.

If you want to come out wikki or whatever your moniker is, come out.
    Just say, "Hey I'm Wikki", I'm going to be physical". Matter fact, don't say I'm Wikki, just show up and talk a little trash.
    I'll give you some preferential treatment.

14. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Lived right by there for a year. I used to play there all the time.

Hell, we probably played against each other.

1 person likes this.
  15. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Played plenty of times at Beverly Hills, but the gun incident was actually at Sagemeadow. Strange thing is, I just saw the gunman on facebook the other day as a friend suggestion lol. Anyway, I did have a friend who was shot at after playing at Beverly Hills, but I wasn't with him when it happened.

I never have played at Fonde, but I've played at some "tough" locations. I was late getting registered for AAU the first year I played, and didn't get to play with my friends from my high school team. My only choice was to tag along with a team full of guys I didn't know, but whose coach was friends with my teammate's dad. They were nice guys below the surface, but their outward appearance and behavior was pretty rough around the edges. When it came time to "practice", we didn't exactly meet up at the local YMCA and run 3-man weave.

The competition is obviously better at those types of places, but it's usually not worth the endless arguing, possibility of violence, and in my case (and yours) the racism and stereotyping.

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

dude, send me a pm.

17. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Southeast side is Beverly Hills Park, right

I think i've been there before.

18. jcee15

This was around 96-02, but I've seen you before.

19. jcee15

Yeah, by Almeda Mall.

20. jcee15

Everyone knows you don't mess with a crazy white guy. Esp. if he's alone.
    Or at least they do now ;)