1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Patrick Beverley makes his pitch for LeBron James to join the Houston Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

PBev is so full of win, hope he signs 2 consecutive 4y 18m contracts and retires a Rocket. Has to be my fav player since the wagon.

2. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

I'm curious as to how other fan bases view McHale

3. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Yes these players like to **** all over their coach

4. photojoe

photojoe Member

Melo is a better shooter than Harden. Harden is a better driver than Melo. Melo is bigger, can play the 3 or the 4.

Both are great players. Both are high volume, offensive forces. They might score their points in different ways, but they will score their points.

IMO the only advantage we would get if we traded Harden for Melo would be if that was what was required for us to get Lebron. Otherwise, I would rather keep the guy is who only 24, just now entering his prime and cost 7.6 million dollars less last season.

If trading Harden for Melo was what was required to get Lebron, then yeah that would probably be a move you would have to make. We would then have Parsons, Melo and Lebron, 3 SF's, without a great option at SG. Trading Parsons for a SG would be tricky because of how capped out we would be. Trying to force Lebron to play SG for extended periods of time wouldn't be ideal. I'm sure we could figure something out, but it would be a bit of a logjam there.

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

not necessarily - LeBron would be a year old but you figure he would play far less minutes and wouldnt be required to do nearly as much next season (IF on the rockets) than he did last year in Miami - he clearly was over worked and gassed at the end.

So even though he would be a year older - with far less wear and tear throughout the season he actually can be a more productive player if not certainly more efficient player throughout the season

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Howard - Melo - Lebron is a huge front line.

Rocket River

7. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I do. Whenever a top player on a team goes all out on defense everyone follows unless you have a super ego. He's one of the few players that 'ranks' higher than Melo and Harden (and everyone else) and would get either of them to follow suit.

8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

bit shocked he didn't choose to save his current teammates and offered to off himself for the other two boats lol

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

He means offensive stops, as in ISOs. :p

10. izeroi

izeroi Member

Lol comedy right here

11. Hmm

Hmm Member

Of course, same reason why Francis and Cuttino loved Rudy T... but disliked, mainly Francis, JVG...

It's rare to find a player that actually likes/loves being directed by a hands on disciplinarian coach... or, that enjoy having to adapt to a well structured system... Why do you think the Spurs don't just take anyone into their organization...?

Most players like to do what they want, and play according to what they feel is the best way to play... no matter how young and immature they may be...

12. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

"We’ve got one of the best coaches..."

Pitch failed!

13. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Well the Rockets did win 54 games in the West with a lot of injuries and a bench that was not nearly as deep as a lot of other teams so I would tend to agree.

If Howard didn't think McHale was a good coach hed be in Atlanta or Oakland now. That is the watermark for how NBA players feel about Kevin

14. Solaris

Solaris Member

Is there another coach would have less than 54 wins with DH + Harden?

15. doggoneit

doggoneit Member

Won't he be the reason why LeBron goes, "oh yeah he's the PG, well I'll look at my other options first then."

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Patrick Beverley manhandled him in that one game on defense and made him look foolish.
    He's basically a poor man's version of Rondo except he's not a ****ing ******* like Rondo is.

I doubt Bev is the reason LeBron might look twice at this team.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Bev is basically a version of Rondo that can't pass as well but actually knows how to shoot a basketball and isn't a head case.