1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Patrick Beverley hopes to return to Rockets, but Chandler Parsons is calling

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 29, 2015.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Why would God thank me for everything?:confused:

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

You're welcome, God.

3. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

in other words, imma cash in...thank God.

4. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

He probly got offered a max contract somewhere

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I think it's likely that he's referring to our very public courting of Llull, who plays his position. He clearly wants to stay in houston, but probably sees the writing on the wall. He'll get paid somewhere else. "The good and the bad".

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

and the reason being…..you can't dribble, create, make enough wide open shots, or stay healthy

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

We need Bev back because it's unlikely we'll have someone who can give us 40 great minutes and because we need a couple of different looks next to Harden vs when Harden is off the floor.

Too risky to put all our eggs in lull basket.

8. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

doc rocket, calling doc rocket.

9. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I haven't heard many or any sound bites from the Rockets organization regarding Patrick Beverley. You don't hear McHale or Morey go on the radio and lobby for him. It's more like, "Ya, he's alright...we want him back."

To me this runs in direct contrast to the Chandler Parsons sweepstakes, where Morey was trying to smokescreen everyone with the arrogant attitude, "Don't even talk about it, we'll match any deal and we know he's coming back."

In each case the NBA reacted in the opposite direction. Perhaps now, the Rockets truly hope that other teams (like the Mavs) cool off on Beverley and decide not to offer him anything too ludicrous, hoping that the Rockets won't hang on to him for anything more than a minimum-ish deal. Then, in the final scenario, we'll swoop in and match. It could be another redux of the Carl Landry / Kyle Lowry restricted FA situations.

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Bev is unrestricted. Parsons was restricted

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Bev is restricted. The Rockets can match any offer just like they could with Parsons. I just think they're far more prepared this time around to let him walk if some other team overpays him.

12. malakas

malakas Member

He is resrticted. That doesnt mean much tho if hes offered 8 prr. Thats way way overpriced.

13. Spacemoth

It means a lot though, because we have the right of refusal. He cannot go back and forth between us and his other suitor. We don't have to negotiate with Beverley at all. Just tell him, "go out and sign the best contract that you can." Then, when he has signed that contract, we can either decide to own the contract he signed or give it up to the team that originally drafted it.

RFA rights are quite powerful. Almost no team will make a ludicrous contract with all the provisions going in favor of the player, because they know that there's a decent chance that they may have to be the ones that abide by it. The one exception was the Chandler Parsons contract, because Cuban is a spiteful idiot. In retrospect that contract will set their franchise back for the entire duration of its existence, and it will be viewed as another case where Morey really got one over on somebody.

14. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I wish we were still playing, but "there's always next year" :(

Bev is insurance but his bite doesn't align to his bark. Not thrilled with the back seat.

The big guy is working hard to being a brand again. Has reiterated about a bigger role. Dan has minimal loyalty to Htown.

We're rebuilding in the desert...the pieces out here are open season. Cyber already talked about the PG situation we are in. Yeah...secret weapons are available. Thunda knows Horny can't control this team and there is some chatter about Htown.

Smoov is part of a brotherhood, but he has a family throughout the league. The opportunity is here, but with healing, we're a deep team. Maybe too deep. JW and Ne' love em, too.

TRaw spends time here, but it sounds like he is a keeper. Tayshaun Prince-type. I haven't heard otherwise. Whoever said he is a trade piece, I'll be surprised.

1 person likes this.
  15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I don't think i understood a single thing you just wrote ...down to the bad grammar and acronyms. But if this is cryptic insiders speak ...no seriously, what the hell are you saying?

16. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Not only that but teams that offer a contract to a RFA have to tie up cap space for 3 days or something like that, which is an eternity when other teams are making moves. The rockets were able to secure a deal with Ariza while the Mavs could do nothing but wait while 15m of their cap was stuck on parsons offer. It's a risk and if a team matches the offering team is without a player and three days have past with the available FA potentially snatched up.

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Can't wait until I can get back to this thread later to decrypt (or see if someone else managed) this.

Codman, yours is a welcome, if mystifying, presence.

Guess Dwight wants to be Superman and Fegan wants his clients out of here, as always?

18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

x2

too early for this ****. what is this gizoogle?

19. Spacemoth

Fegan has been against us from the get go. He probably leaked that thing to Broussard about Dwight having second thoughts on the plane ride from Denver.

Also, TRaw is probably Ariza. I agree, I can't see him being traded. It's like plugging one hole by creating an even bigger leak. Trevor is a great fit here for his defense, shooting, and chemistry. He showed up big in the playoffs. It would be extremely hard to come even close to approximating his value to us, as we have absolutely no SF depth behind him.

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

So are Bledsoe and Knight available from the Suns?

I hate Dan Fegan.