1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Our Top 25 Draft Prospects For The Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 28, 2012.

1. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to IzakDavid13 again.

2. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Plus henson has great basketball genes. Mom,dad,sisters all played college ball. I think his brother too. I think his upside is higher than davis.

3. QazQay

QazQay Member

Jimmer and Jordan's numbers are totally different. I'm not just talking about ppg, you know.

Anyway, Robinson seems to me to be the second coming of Jordan Hill. Very good rebounder, but doesn't really block shots or play much defense. His scoring and efficiency numbers are almost exactly the same as Hill's.

4. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Thomas Robinson would rip Jordan Hill's arms off and beat him with them.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

No Andrew Nicholson?

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

That fab melo pun was very clever lol.

7. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I might just dislike Zeller, but I'd put Leonard over Zeller although it's really not that big an issue (1 spot)

8. Htown's2kFinest

[​IMG]

9. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Hollinger's draft rater also gave Davis the highest score ever for a big man prospect in last decade(solidly ahead of Kevin Love's score).

Quincy Miller and Tony Wroten are too talented not to be included. I think they will get picked in top 25 tonight.

10. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

I really hope Houston can draft Marquis Teaque with the 18th pick. He's going to be something special and a steal at that 18th pick. His brother Jeff Teaque is a solid PG for the Hawks and Marquis is projected to be a lot better than his bro. Or hopefully they can get Perry Jones if he falls that low.

With the 12th pick if they don't trade it, I hope they can draft Jeremy Lamb. He's the 2nd best SG in the draft and his offensive skills is amazing. I know the Rockets have that love for Centers but hopefully they will draft the best player available with the most potential with their pick.

I know Houston loves Centers and PF. Its like the only position they go after in the past few years. I just hope they draft for talent over position. To me, drafting a better talent vs a position needed is always a better turn out. Im not comparing this to when Portland needed a Center so they went after Oden over Durant. They knew Kevin was a better player but they went with Oden.

But anyway, hopefully they can trade up to the top 5 and if so, I don't mind going with Andre Drummond because he got size and talent. But if I had to choose between Andre and Beal, Ill go with Beal instantly. I just hope the Rockets dont do anything stupid in the draft tonight. Im really hoping they will draft well with all of their picks and draft the best talent available to them and not position. Especially if they draft nothing but Centers and PFs even if there was a much better talented player thats a PG, SG, or SF.

11. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Somebody check on coach badlee: Vandy's Jenkins ahead of Jeff Taylor!

12. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

I know the Rockets already have Dragic but if they manages to trade up with Drummond already gone and Lillard is still available, I would love to have him on the Rockets roster. I know Dragic is a good PG but they still need a solid backup PG behind Dragic. Plus Lillard has the potential to be a better PG than Dragic so why not. Plus with all the PGs today dominating the NBA, I would love to have a PG that can go up against the elite PGs and I think Lillard can one day be easily a top 10 PG in the NBA.

13. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

I'd take Zeller off the list.

14. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Numbers shouldn't matter at all when you draft. Robinson's number may be a little identical to Jordan Hill but the difference between them is, Robinson is more talented and he has a competitive motor, Jordan Hill doesn't have a motor. When a player has a motor to get better, he will do well in the NBA. Jordan Hill has the size and athletic ability but his motor is low and his IQ is pretty bad too.

15. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Jordan Hill put up some good stats at Arizona. Robinson shines at rebounding. The per minute numbers are not close for rebounding.

16. Texasboy1978

Texasboy1978 Member

Well, I guess it's good to see that all 3 of the Rockets picks were on your list, Clutch.

17. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

And you nailed the Lamb pick at 12 - uncanny.

18. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

Was extremely close on White and Jones too. But this isn't a mock draft board, it's a BPA list.