1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans on 1560am - 2009-10 season (Next: 4/16/2010 @ 1:15pm)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Serg300

Serg300 Member

<div>
    <object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0" width="210" height="25" id="mp3playerdarksmallv3" align="middle">
    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
    <param name="movie" value="http://www.podbean.com/podcast-audio-video-blog-player/mp3playerdarksmallv3.swf?audioPath=http://thegame.podbean.com/mf/play/6iiyhc/JL-DaveHardisty-11-17-09.mp3&autoStart=no" />
    <param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
    <embed src="http://www.podbean.com/podcast-audio-video-blog-player/mp3playerdarksmallv3.swf?audioPath=http://thegame.podbean.com/mf/play/6iiyhc/JL-DaveHardisty-11-17-09.mp3&autoStart=no" quality="high" width="210" height="25" name="mp3playerdarksmallv3" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /></embed>
    </object>
    <br /><a style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; font-weight: normal; padding-left: 41px; color: #2DA274; text-decoration: none; border-bottom: none;" href="http://www.podbean.com">Powered by Podbean.com</a>
    </div>

http://thegame.podbean.com/category/john-and-lance-show/

2. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

I am confused about what you meant about bird rights. Could somebody help me out?

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Bud Adams knows a thing or two about bird rights.

4. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

that's no moon?

5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

TMc needs to re-sign with Houston or Houston has to be willing to do an SnT so that McG can retain the right to be paid whatever amount regardless of cap realities.

6. studogg

sorry xiki, not to pick you out, just that you spoke to the birds rights issue:

I don't buy this as a problem for McG. He surely doesn't believe that anyone will give him max dollars now. If he does, he needs more worked on than his knee and shoulder.

I would think that "if" he played well he "might" get 10/yr over 3. New York won't have a problem with that amount regardless of his bird rights.

7. No Chance

Thanks Xiki

Bud Adams is paying $250,000 for exercising his bird rights!

8. No Chance

I think as bad as New York team is that they may have to overpay considerably to get decent help.

9. studogg

which is why I specifically named them as the destination for Tracy. But even with that, I don't think they go max, and I'm sure they won't go full years. I also seriously doubt that they will be bidding against anyone else. Which is why I don't see bird rights as any kind of issue.

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

It was an example of what Bird Rights mean. In reality for McG it would enable say, the Knicks to trade for him, retain his Birds, pay him on the 'cheap' (sic) for one year then make it up to him with a larger contract afterwards (while having added one or two premier FAs + McG).

If I believed my team was in the hunt for LBJ I would 'kill' to get McG's contract and do something like I just described.

11. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

I believe that Tracy will be moved also and I think we would like to move him sooner rather than later if possible. I think the Rocket's management hasn't given up on this season and if they can get a player they want they would rather have him sooner to get familiar with the team.

With that being said I don't believe a trade will happen just to get rid of him. Morey has shown to be patient and I think he will continue to do so in this situation. If a too good to pass up deal comes along by the trade deadline then the deal will be done. If not then they will wait for the summer but my guess is they would like to get someone for this year. I would guess they have certain players targeted and I wouldn't be surprised if those players are of a Chris Paul caliber. We'll see.

1 person likes this.
  12. studogg

I know, I was just using your reply as a means to an ends. I don't believe that bird rights are much of an issue for McG, but maybe I'm understating the importance of the extra annual raises.

Huh, I just don't know about that right now.

McG with the fragile history willing to play one year on the cheap for a final promised contract? Carrol Dawson isn't a GM anymore.

13. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Thanks, great interview, as always. But I have to say this.

I don't like it when people are talking about next year. Sure, we are not winning this season but are we gonna win something more than the 1st round next year? Really? Because I doubt it right now.

It is early in the season, we are 6-4 which is really good as for now and let's enjoy it. I wish Yao the best but who knows how effective he will be back next year. Next season is a big IF.

So far we are playing well and just ENJOY :)

14. Rockets Red Glare

Rockets Red Glare Contributing Member

Our record and play indicate the opposite

15. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Clutchman

Perhaps today you can and will dissect the alleged 'war' between McG and Adelman (as well as DM the GM? ) and where it will lead.

Perhaps, too, where the fans stand on McG's return, or trade?

Thanks.

Have a great show!

16. worzel gummidge

Are the Rockets looking at another Pippen situation? Can the Rockets even get back an injured player of some value in return, ie Ginobili, Dunleavy, or Kevin Martin?

Thanks.

17. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I'll be on in about 15 minutes... if you want to talk T-Mac or the Rockets, call in. I'm sure Nuño will get you on.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Alright, I will try to call in...

DD

19. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Listening. I hope I didn't miss much.

20. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

The phones in full force! :) Atta boy Clutch!