1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans.Net Chat - thanks

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Dr of Dunk, May 9, 2005.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Now that the season is over, I'd just like to take this chance to thank the guys that help make Clutch Chat so invaluable to people who otherwise could not follow the game.

Uprising, rockHEAD, and Jeffster with all the play-by-play. I don't know how you guys can type and keep up with the game or even know who the heck is playing at times (like New Orleans or Charlotte - "somebody passes it to somebody I've never heard of to that big dude who dunks it for 2". What you guys do is difficult to comprehend until you attempt to do it. It's doing what Gene Peterson does on the radio, but typed which is ridiculously difficult. Awesome job (but sorry, I can't help you with any bills for arthritis medication your doctor may prescribe in the future).

Thanks to Codell, Puedlfor, and rockHEAD for also helping to moderate chat, especially since my work schedule this season made it difficult for me to make it to games in time or make it to games at all.

Rockets2k - great job with being the in-game scorekeeper and updating everyone with the current score and time - even though they ask what the score is or how much time was left 2 seconds after you post it.

And as always, thanks to Clutch for giving us a link to a place to chat in the first place.

Others also stepped up during the season when no one else was available to do play-by-play and scorekeeping, but I can barely remember who all you were. I think Harrisment and maybe Kim helped. Was Kam in there doing something other than causing trouble? I thought he was. :) There were times when people with nicks I had never seen before would volunteer to keep score or do pbp which was always cool.

Anyway, the average number of people in chat has gone up to around 200 which is nuts since the first time I joined chat we had 6 and were begging to push it to 10-15. :D The scary part is, I think it's growing, and will probably continue to grow with the Rockets improving and possibly gaining more fans.

I hope I didn't forget anybody. Great job guys! Can't wait till next season.

2. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

pretty crazy the amount of people in the chats nowadays...I remember that crazy IRCop that thought there was no way we legit had over 200 people in the chat and just went crazy banning everyone at the start of the season.

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

SirCharlesFan, I remember that. Chat really has become quite large since I first found out about the PBP in the chat room 3 or so years ago.

rockHead saved me for a couple of seasons with his PBP when I couldn't watch the games.

Big thanks goes out to you Dod and your script. It really kept the place civil.

I had a hard time with the names of the NO and Jazz players this year.

Also, some how this season a lot of chatters (mainly newbies) saw me as a Yao hater! :eek:

#3 Uprising, May 9, 2005
    Last edited: May 9, 2005
  4. red

red Contributing Member

yes thanks for another fun season everyone.

5. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Yeah, thanks guys. I seriously don't know how the pbp people always know who the opposing players are.

6. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Thanks everybody.
    I could only attend a couple of chats,(i do have to sleep sometimes). But these chats are the greatest, it is the best way for me to follow a game.

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

9. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Yes, a huge thank you to everyone involved. All the PbP guys - Jeffster, Uprising, rockHEAD and R2K - you rock. Even the guys who stepped in with just a quarter or two on the season when the regulars were too busy.

Without you, I'm missing the Rockets action live - and you can't put a price on that.

Thanks to DoD for the script.

and Thanks to Clutch for providing us a place to chat.

10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Pued, where are you? I didn't know you couldn't see that games.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I just can't do chat anymore, I like to chat, and it is more for play by play.

I am glad people enjoy it, but it is just too busy now for the fun we used to have.

DD

12. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

I too, would like to say thanks to all those that help out during chat, as well as those who showed up!!

I would also like to take this chance to ask Clutch for a few more mods. Uprising and R2K come to mind right away, we can't always be in chat and with a few more, we would probably have the coverage we need.

Just a suggestion.

Thanks all for another great year in chat!

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Some town called Flubberville or something. No clue where it is. I don't even think anyone named Puedlfor really exists. I think it's really Mini-Mango.

14. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Pflugerville maybe?

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Pued b mah boi fa'rilz.

16. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

He really exists and is quite up on basketball at the college level which I am relatively poor at.

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Great. Now people will stalk him.

18. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

Good job guys...

19. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Yeah, because I'm going to go stand on Main Street in Pflugerville yelling "Puedlfor!, Pued! Puedlfor where are you!"

20. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

ROFLMAO!! You'll have no trouble finding him then!