1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[ClutchFans] Morey: Francis-to-Rockets a "longshot" ([Fox] Rox have shot at Francis)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Showtizzle2642

we'll between the heat clips and us who do you think has the best chance of getting the farthest?

do the right thing stevie come back home

2. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Yes - but I think the W/L column is the same regardless of the payroll.

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

Francis does not have to start. Rafer can be traded. Return of Yao's no look pass :D

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Isiah's problem wasn't having Steve Francis.

It was not having Yao, McGrady, Battier, etc.

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

A quarter of their team wouldn't be there if it weren't for the bad contracts.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I wanted him during the season, if he was cheap, when we thought he'd get bought out by the Knicks, and Alston was driving many of us insane as our only option at the point. I guess I still feel that he'd be good to have, but only for the LLE. With James, he really isn't needed. Too similar as players. But for the LLE, you have to add the talent. Very slim chance of that.

7. anon3803

anon3803 Member

Isiah's problem was getting Francis and Marbury on the same team with no clear answer as to who's supposed to defer to the other. Not that Marbury would defer to anyone. I think Brown wanted Francis to start over Marbury, but Isiah didn't want to bench Marbury since Isiah brought him in and Francis was someone Brown wanted/supported. Too many egos there with Marbury, Francis, and Isiah not listening to his coach.

8. AggieRocketFan96

Stevie, James, and Brooks and Rockets are set at PG. Get rid of the rest, maybe get some 2d round picks. I would be happy with that.

9. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

The Knicks were horrible before Francis ever went there

10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Can't say i'm not disappointed but *shrug*, Luis Scola being here actually makes everything a bit better. Now, please bring in Matt Barnes.

11. anon3803

anon3803 Member

Actually, the Heat probably have the best chance of getting the deepest into the playoffs with Wade, Shaq and a weak conference.

The Clips have his buddies Mobley and Cassell, and they will also give him significant playing time and scoring opportunities.

The Heat have the most money for him, significant playing time, and the best chance to get to the Finals.

With us he gets to ride the bench, defer to Yao and McGrady, and will be paid next to nothing (in basketball player terms). Our biggest trump cards are that his home is in Houston and we have the best chance of winning the finals.

I would agree, it's a long-shot at best.

12. rocketsmetalspd

Stranger things have happened and I wouldn't count SF3 coming back home. If he does decide to play for the Rockets does this mean Rafer and Luther are gone along with Lucas III?

13. khimmatramka16

somehow, make it happen

14. anon3803

anon3803 Member

I would say Lucas is gone no matter what. If we get Steve, Luther or Snyder's job is in serious jeopardy.

James/Francis/Alston
    T-Mac/Francis/(Head or Snyder)
    Battier/Bonzi/T-Mac
    Scola/Hayes
    Yao/Butler/Deke

Brooks, Landry and Novak on the inactive list.

15. dividend

dividend Member

I would be okay with that... and we need to do something with Sura so Stevie can get his number back :)

16. The Brian

The Brian Member

i don't really thing francis would improve our team all that much.

it depends how much he still has left.

17. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

Getting Stevie back would be immense. Can you imagine...talk about full circle.

Personally, I would think he's not going to pass up money, being with the Cat, and playing in L.A.

Yeah, big time longshot....dont' get excited guys.

18. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

hahaha best post of the day

19. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

If we only had 100 more, we could repel an assault from the Persians!

20. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Hey, Daryl! If you're checking in here to see whether your "we're trying to get Francis" shtick is making the fans happy even though you know he doesn't fit the team, job well done.