1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Morey: Francis-to-Rockets a "longshot" ([Fox] Rox have shot at Francis)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 17, 2007.

1. PCMILLS

PCMILLS Member

2. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

Longshot my ass. It's all psychology man. Morey tells you that the odds of Francis coming to the Rockets are a longshot to set the bar low and when it does happen, the bar is raised dramatically therefore making you like him even more. You brilliant b*stard.

3. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

LMFAO, I guess "longshot" really means its a "done deal". Noticing all his moves so far, it's always the opposite of what he tells the media. Never once metioned AB and we drafted him, same with Scola. And now the whole its a longshot to get Francis and now we signed him. Damn, I couldn't be any happier.

4. suxx0011

suxx0011 Member

Now we know that's a smoke gun. Genius! Keep very low profile while working behind the scenes like crazy ... :)

5. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4982185.html

The thoughts running through my head are those of utter shock. I am amazed that this worked out. I never said I didn't want it to happen, I just didn't believe it to be possible. For low $$, this is a fine deal.

6. tsunami

tsunami Member

wow, biggest and best news this summer for Rockets, even bigger than Scola.

7. tsunami

tsunami Member

GM of the year?

8. dunkinlos

dunkinlos Contributing Member

Yeah this is huge y'all. Franchise has still got a lot of game.

9. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

This should be a lesson to all of you who ridiculed and talked down to the person who broke this yesterday morning

10. rock

rock Member

WOW! I can't believe it!?

This is awesome. Our GM really is the wizard!

My goodness...

WELCOME BACK STEVE!

11. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

LOL ROFFLESAURUS CAN NOW KISS ALL OUR COLLECTIVE BUTTS WHO WERE ON THE FRANCHISE WAGON

PUCKER UP BABY!! LOL

:p ( | )

12. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

THE BOARD HAS OFFICIALLY EXPLODED!!!

13. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    something for nothing...again!!!
    CAN't wait till the season starts!!!!!
    way to go Morey... :)

14. jebustheomlet

jebustheomlet Member

ridiculous, just ridiculous...just...what....gah...hard to type.....

i can finally wear my francis jersey again!

15. knwldg

knwldg Member

Alright, I will be the first one to admit that I have always been critical of Stevie Fran's poor decision making, being a pre-Madonna by trying to win every game on each trip down the floor by forcing ridicules shots (albeit, sometimes making some of those shots that sends any Rocket fan jumping out of their seat, fist to mouth, ooo-ing, yelling "DID YOU SEE THAT?!?"), and being on the shallow end of the pool when it comes to basketball IQ.

I was uneasy with the thought of the Rocs giving up much to bring back someone I always considered one injury away from being a permanent member of the Pan-American (no offense, I have a lot of friends I ball with in the Pan-Am, and they’re nothing to sneeze at). But I think about his ability and age and hold out hope that the journey these past three years and the injuries that Steve has fought through will be taken in by Steve and he will use that knowledge, WISDOM, and HUMBLENESS to help our beloved Rockets become that relentless underdog that every team in the league truly fears. We have a making of a team that shows promise like no other team I’ve witnessed the Rocs field, and I state that being one of the die hard “Dream” fans.

I haven’t felt this giddy since the ’86 -‘87 Rocs:

1986-1987 Houston Rockets Player Stats
    Name PPG
    HAKEEM OLAJUWON 23.40
    RALPH SAMPSON 15.63
    RODNEY MCCRAY 14.44
    ROBERT REID 13.72
    LEWIS LLOYD 12.38
    JIM PETERSEN 11.27
    MITCHELL WIGGINS 11.09
    STEVE HARRIS 8.28
    ALLEN LEAVELL 7.77
    DIRK MINNIEFIELD 7.65
    CEDRIC MAXWELL 7.22
    BUCK JOHNSON 3.80
    DAVE FEITL 3.69
    RICHARD ANDERSON 2.82
    CONNER HENRY 1.33

And they weren’t a 1/4 as deep, with twice the scrubs.

I felt the same in ’94 -’95 when our Rocs brought in Clyde.

And no, I’m not saying Steve is Clyde, but what I am saying is back then it felt right.

I was uneasy when I heard the Rocs wanted Steve but once I heard Steve signed, it just felt right.

I feel something special with all of these moves, so I say welcome back Steve, you have a clean slate with me.

KNWLDG

Aka DJ PM Grind

16. azn perzuazn

azn perzuazn Member

He's back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!