1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Morey: Francis-to-Rockets a "longshot" ([Fox] Rox have shot at Francis)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 17, 2007.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Holy crap, you are kidding right?

Sura was a gritty defender back in his heyday, but with the Rockets he was far from the 2nd best defender on the team.

2. rocketsmetalspd

Can't wait for the official news of yeah or nay on SF3. If it is a yeah what will Clutch put on the web page?

3. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I don't see Steve coming back at this point. There is a need for another PG in LA and Miami. Houston has too many existing players at that position, regardless of whether you believe Steve will outduel them and become the starter.

I know Steve has a home in Houston and likes the city but for the same or more money, Steve will be plenty happy in LA or Miami plus he will be guaranteed a significant role on those teams. He is still only 30 years old and, despite signs of him maturing recently, he is not that far removed from being an all-star and being selected number 2 in the 1999 draft. This means his ego will drive him to play where he knows he will have a chance to resurrect his game and play in the limelight. Houston won't offer him this opportunity.

Miami and LA are hot party scenes too so there will be plenty of hunnies for him to chase around before and after games. Bottom line: Houston is slipping down the list of potential destinations for Stevie. I imagine by tomorrow, at the lastest, Steve will be trying on his new Clips uniform. If not the Clips, then it will surely be the Heat.

4. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

He'll put something along the lines of "Francis Returns to Houston". He's not a giggling schoolgirl, you know.

5. H-town_playa2k2

If we get the Franchise back this board is gonna explode!!!!!!

6. BrooksBall

Guess there will be no explosions in here...

7. spysta

spysta Member

Where is all the alleged insider info coming from? Also if he agrees within the next 10 mins how will we know? Where on the net is there some real time sports info?

8. roswell raygun

Anyone know if Stevie is awake yet?

9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

HEEEE'S BAAAAAAAAACK!

10. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Which as I just stated is actually okay. Him going to a lesser team or a team in the East is okay for us. He's just an icing on the cake type thing.

11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

oh no. i just remembered how devided the board was with YOF and SOF...

worse than JVG haters vs lovers.

12. BrooksBall

I did however just read this in ***************:

"Now Francis, traded on draft day and bought out by the Blazers, has a second chance. He'd like that second chance to begin where his first one did - in Houston. Humbled and ready to play team basketball, Francis thinks he can help the Rockets get to where they never got in his first tenure. He thinks he has learned the balance between fire and ago, such that he could provide a much-needed spark without allowing his ego to cost the Rockets more games than his fire helps them win. If that's the case, the Rockets could do a lot worse than re-signing their former franchise player. At 30 he's still young enough to be a serious player in the NBA . . .as long as he remembers the lessons learned along his path to premature free agency."

13. pillage

pillage Member

Morey said it perfectly, i'm paraphrasing here but, when you've got the chance to add talent, you do it and worry about how it all fits later. Perfect money ball tactics - huge talent for low salary.

I can't believe people are still pissed about the superbowl incident. From all accounts he was a good player/employee under JVG. They butted heads at first but he coalesced and did everything was asked. So he missed some a team practice to go to the superbowl. How many of you would not take that chance, so what if he's a millionaire - its still a job and he had a ticket to the superbowl. If y'all had JVG as a boss, and you had tickets for the superbowl, would you really think twice about calling in sick the next day? Come on, sure he shouldn't have done it but he's human - not that big of a deal imo.

I don't think we need Alston, Head or JL3 at all.

PG - James, Francis, Brooks
    SG - T-Mac, Francis, Bonzi, James
    SF - Battier, T-Mac, Bonzi, Harris
    PF - Scola, Hayes, Butler, Harris
    C - Yao, Deke, Butler

Landry, Novak can go to the D-league. This was when Brooks is the PG, Francis or James could play at SG. This lineup is so stacked its sick.

Sidenote - I like the Mavs, but it would make me sick if Francis went there. That truly would be awful.

14. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

REALLY??? :eek: :eek: :D :D

Can you post a link please????

15. H-town_playa2k2

He was just saying what clutch would put up on the front page!!

16. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

Errrr, come on... That's just mean, man.

17. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

I think Clutch would put that picture from Potential Rocket profile with Steve, Yao and Mac

18. dreamrockets

dreamrockets Member

If the Rockets do want Steve back, T-MAC and Yao should say something now.

19. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

Actually concerning defense, rafer > mike > luther, though I am not sure how SF3 compares to rafer

20. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

of course this is all just your opinion, and i'm sure you will admit to being wrong before.

i'm not saying this because i don't want you to burst my bubble. i don't think we need steve to be a contender, but it would definitely help our cause and i'm happy to see we're in the running this late in the game.

my thinking is this. players choose teams based on this criteria:

1. money - for obvious reasons
    2. large role - to insure more money on the next contract
    3. winning

now, steve's agent already said that ebcause of his huge buy-out money won't be an issue. that helps the rockets cause the most. that's whats keeping them in the game with teams that would be happy to spend the mle.

look at the 4 teams remaining (miami, la, houston, dallas) and see who can give him the largest role in order to resurect his career. in dallas and la he would be the 4th option behind dirk-howard-terry and brand-maggetty-mobley. in miami and houston he would be third behind shaq-wade and yao-tmac.

the edge goes to where he can win the most. the rockets will be better than the heat, and better than the clippers. though, playing with cat again may help the clipps rise above the heat on his list, playing at home may keep the rockets on top.

of course, what do either of us know. we're not steve.