1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Morey: Francis-to-Rockets a "longshot" ([Fox] Rox have shot at Francis)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Elvislives

Elvislives Member

I'm so glad we are a long shot in the Francis sweepstakes. That is one game you'd lose by winning. And, yes, I am a Francis hater.

2. spysta

spysta Member

You are officially the worst human being alive lmao

But steve is coming back and he will start even if he has to compete because the franchise will easily out play james, and alston in training camp so im not worried at all, thoughout his career he has done whatever the coach wanted him to do with rudy he was young so of course he made mistakes. With JVG he did EXACTLY what al gundy told him to do. Even the first season and a half with the magic he did what he was told. I think he flipped out when he was giving his all in those games and the new coach just benched him for a young jameer nelson. The knicks should have never had him and he still tried to listen to Isiah.

I think its gonna work out fine, francis is dying for the chance to revive his career, and those two seasons when baron was not heard from, he was not injured though that whole time period, he was on a bad team and lost his will, when he was traded (for speedy claxton and dale davis) to the warriors and got a chance

Rockets will at least get to the Western Conference championship

AT LEAST

3. southtexan

southtexan Member

Is that you Steve?

4. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

HA HA! That made me laugh out loud in my office :p

5. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

Francis was benched for Jameer in Orlando and Mardy Collins and Nate Robinson in New York. Somewhere down the line you have to look at yourself and say, "what's wrong with me?"

6. spysta

spysta Member

lol

obviously im not steve lol

But honestly i dont see how people can say such horrible things about a deal that would bring one of the past elite guards in the nba back for 2.3 mil, how can you be serious? Not to mention he is only 30

7. southtexan

southtexan Member

I agree with you, I'd want Steve to play for the Rockets. He'd makes us a better team.

8. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

The other Francis thread has turned into a Mobley discussion... :rolleyes:

9. madbomber

madbomber Rox4Life! #FreeJVG

"DA GLUE "will put it all together ;)

10. khimmatramka16

I'm sorry. So is it likely that Steve will join Houston? :)

11. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

Francis was never an elite guard. his offense is above average at best, and his defense is atrocious.

12. khimmatramka16

his defense is atrotious? are you joking? i would much rather have stevie guarding a kobe, or even a parker.. than rafer or mike james or john lucus or even head. i would rather have steve guarding kobe or parker than steve nash. steve is so underrated. he is a strong guard and no other point guard can post up on him

13. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

guards don't have to post up Steve. they just dribble past him. his lateral movement is poor, he is the poster child for matador defense. trust me, no one would mistake Francis for a good defender.

14. anon3803

anon3803 Member

Apparently, the rumor is that we're the front runners in the race for SF. I preferred being the underdog to the Clips though. That way people don't get their hopes up, but that ship has long since sailed.

15. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Are you kidding me? francis a better defensive player then james?... Mike james is a good defender. james just 2 years ago was our 3rd best defensive player. sura and tracy were the best 2 and james along with deke were other good defenders.

16. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

If you see the glass half full, you'll never be dissapointed.

17. Fuse

Fuse Member

Eh... I'm really not so sure that is going to happen.

18. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

I have cooled on the idea, and I really don't think it is a do or die as some posters are making it out to be. If we get him, fine, it's a little money and you're not gonna get that much potential for 2.3 mil.

If he goes elsewhere, I am still okay with our guard rotation of James/Alston/Brooks + the fact that since it seems to be the Clips or the Heat, it doesn't really affect us in terms of playoff spots (Come on, we're better than the Clips anyway and the Heat are in the l'Eastern Conf, so that's all good).

I think Alston will be okay as long as he doesn't have to play 40+ minutes anymore. James will have more wide open shots and Brooks is still a rookie.

Francis is a bit of an enigma, but that could be good, or bad, depending....so in all of that, it doesn't really matter.

19. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I heard the Heat are the frontrunners. Truth be told, if you want Stevie back in H-Town, open up a few more night clubs and give him his own VIP sections. Stevie is all about the night life.

20. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

From all the supposed inside info i've heard thus far, it's between us and Miami.