1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Morey: Francis-to-Rockets a "longshot" ([Fox] Rox have shot at Francis)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

http://www.clutchfans.net/news/1427/morey_francis-to-rockets_a_longshot/

I'll have some audio from the press conference shortly...

-------------------------------------------
    Merging the "shot at Francis" threads...
    Update at 6:16pm Central: posted by #1draftpik - <a href="/showthread.php?p=3033739#post3033739">Fox Sports says Rockets one of three teams</a> with shot at at Francis

2. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

thank you, Jesus.

3. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

I've always felt that Francis would be a bad fit here chemistry-wise, anyway.

4. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

The only way I think the Rockets would be able to sign Francis would be giving up Luther. I would prefer to keep Luther.

5. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

francis + james + bonzi = bad chemistry
    francis and james are practically the same player now

6. RealMenofGenius

Thus ending the Francis homecoming campaign... Thank God. :D

7. TreP3

TreP3 Contributing Member

Getting verbal confirmation from Morey that there is interest is definitely a plus. I think Francis could help give the backcourt some toughness...at least more than Lil Lutha

Chemistry schmemistry...I want to see some fun basketball. And besides, I don't really see any behavioral problems, given the current situation. They can harmoniously coexist right past the first round...at least.

8. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

But add Artest, Sheed and D. Miles and all the bad chemistry could fuse into good chemistry.

9. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

IMO for this team

Rafer>Francis
    James>Francis
    Francis>Head

Brooks aint going anywhere

before you Francis lovers freak out about me saying Rafer is better for this team over Steve let me remind you that Steve played PG here and there are many games you can fetch off the internet. Please tell me how his game will help this team.

Now I would take Steve and put him in Luther's spot because that makes sense on a straight up talent upgrade.

10. n8rox06

n8rox06 Member

No more dribble-diarrhea! Sweet!

11. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

No thanks to Francis since we have James and Bonzi now. Besides, we all know that Stevie wants to play in LA with his boyfriend, Cuttino...ambiguously gay duo FTW!!!

12. RealMenofGenius

Watching Steve Francis dribble the clock down and clanking jump shots is fun basketball to you? :confused:

13. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

Good, never wanted him here anyways.

14. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

The audio for those quotes is on the front page now ...

15. khimmatramka16

Man now I just want Francis back to proove you all (not all of you) wrong. I can't believe people think James and Rafer are better (although you are entitled to your opinion). I would take Francis back in a heartbeat. You should never underestimate the heart

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Thanks,were you asking him those questions?

17. TreP3

TreP3 Contributing Member

I would prefer to see him at the two over Head in certain situations. Unless Head shoots the ball immediately after he catches, he's worthless. I also like his ability to finish at the hoop, something that he does better than Rafer. Rafer is definitely a better point guard, and I wouldn't start him, but why not add a veteran player for cheap?

18. slmonky

slmonky Member

Same Here! Francis will be our good addition!!

19. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

No, that's not me ... I spoke with Daryl later, but this was all of us around him, so a lot of these questions are from several different reporters.

20. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

Francis is a better individual player, but mike james and rafer are better for our team. Theres a reason why Francis has never been a winner until yao arrived. The only year he made the playoffs, coincidentally this was his "worst" year at the time. He just couldn't play well when he was forced to play within a system that didn't let him dominate the ball.