1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Lin, Harden, Parsons, Patterson after Rockets' 105-95 loss to Nuggets 1/23/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 23, 2013.

1. rocketsmetalspd

Lin looks Like he does no want to be there. Zombie mode.

2. GIGO

GIGO Member

Cannot agree with you more. It's always special to watch how he handles himself under adversity. I really do hope Jeremy and the Rockets to get out of this slump soon and be able to just enjoy playing the game.

3. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

But if Patterson is pointing to Harden, indirectly of course, I don't think it's Harden's fault ball hogging. I think it's the coaches that demand Harden to ball hog.

4. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

he always looks like this.

5. conquistador#11

No doubt about it. Especially with sampson's stance on foreign policy and how sickening democratic ball is when you have a talent like harden.

The beard is one of the most unselfish players in the league, but the lack of imagination by the coaches is making him seem like kobe without shaq, the mid 2000 years.

Let lin run the point, harden can pick his spots.

6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Lin would have been better off as a player as far as developing his game if Harden never came here imo. but, then the Rockets would have been an even worse team without Harden.

7. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

completely agree. harden's efficiency is getting lower and lower coz he tries too hard and too much. he tried to do everything. that is not good for this team.

8. Foxbur

Foxbur Member

Yea definitely, it seems like coaching staff only trust Harden and everyone is secondary. I feel like they really underestimate how important team basketball is and although Harden is a great scorer, he still has his flaws especially on taking care of the ball and on defense.
    Coaching staff just need to to find ways to make everyone play their str and not magnified a player's weakness by stubbornly sticking with their system that don't seem to work anymore.

9. loox

loox Member

What do u want him to say? The coaches suck?

10. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

not sure about long run. we might get a higher pick than #14 which we have been stucked with. it looks like the trend will be continued.

11. loox

loox Member

Maybe, but more likely the team will play together and play with their whole heart!!

12. Foxbur

Foxbur Member

Sometimes I feel like star players with no defense gets too much prop. If you look at all the great players, their defense is pretty damn good too. I think great defense is what make teammates respect you more. Scoring is great to watch.. but I think defense is what win games.

13. Arthurprescott2

Wasn't the question about the 14 pt run DEN went on in the 4th quarter? Lin wasn't even on the floor. Sorta ridiculous to ask him what happened. That's basically baiting him to criticize his own teammates. What was he supposed to say? It was a dumb/infuriating question in the first place.

14. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

To tell you the truth, I'd rather them bait the question. Let it all out there. What's the point of holding everything back? Mchale: "Harden is our man. Carte Blanche on his shots." Jeremy Lin: "I can't stand Mchale! He's a loser!" Harden: "I really don't want to have the ball this many times!" etc etc etc

15. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

then the next thing you know is rox fired the coach and lin were one to force the issue.:grin:

16. peter2012

peter2012 Member

That wont help. He simply will say he did not play well, that was his fault, nothing else.

17. wukong

wukong Member

18. torocan

torocan Member

One of Lin's strengths and faults is that he tends to try to take responsibility for everything.

If the team loses, even if he had a good night, he says that he should have tried harder to get the other players going and it's on him.

If the team wins and he has a bad night, he says that he needs to work harder on his game.

He's not the type of person to throw anyone under the bus.

If McHale goes, it will have to come from the management or Harden (star contract).

19. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

They seem tired. I expect they will look better after the all-star break than they have over this past couple of weeks. Lin really seems exhausted in the interview.

20. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Disagree. This is not a back-to-back game, they are not tired. Probably harden is tired because he played almost every night closed to 40 minutes, even in a blow-out game. Lin exhausted? He only played 24 minutes last night.