1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Lin, Harden, Parsons, Patterson after Rockets' 105-95 loss to Nuggets 1/23/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 23, 2013.

1. gate470

gate470 Rookie

Thanks for the links!

2. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

McHale seems to be talking confidence in each other. Not just self-confidence. He pointed out that guys are piling up mistakes that leave points in the floor. Things like off the mark passes, missing layups, screwing up 3-on-2 transition opportunities.

I wonder if, when reporters ask them about it, the players are interpreting confidence as strictly self-confidence. After rejecting the self-confidence interpretation, Patterson immediately went into the confidence in each other interpretation.

3. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Are Patterson and Parsons basically calling out Harden? It's hard to read between the lines, at least for me.

4. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

Now I know they're not LOFs. Can we stop overlooking Harden's Kobesque playing?

5. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think they are calling out everyone, including Harden.

6. Penetrate&Creat

Because Lin is a nice guy and is not particularly vocal, prefers to keep things to himself.

On the inside, he probably regrets signing with the Rockets lol. McFail ftw

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Horrible combnation for a point guard...

8. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

Guess you have never watched a game live? lol

Lin is very vocal on the court, he is just very respectful and humble... doesnt mean he is not vocal lol...

9. Fighton

Fighton Member

I doubt he truly knows. Will probably say something like "I just need to play harder and be more of a pest on defense" or something.

None of this makes a whole lot of sense. Mchale constantly talks about not being sticky with the ball but all we see, especially when the game gets tight, is iso plays for harden. It's doesn't make sense at all. Is harden not trusting his teammates at all and refusing to move the ball around? Do the teammates have no clue about moving without the ball to get themselves open for harden to pass to? What we're seeing is very different from what Mchale is preaching. Why? Based on what he says I truly doubt he enjoys seeing iso plays for harden and seeing him turning the ball over.

Are players taking matters into their own hands so close to trade deadline? Is there too much emphasis and push to make sure harden is an all star? Does harden care too much about making all star, especially since Lin got more fan votes than he did?

Something about this team feels off, especially as we get closer to the all star game.

10. Penetrate&Creat

I've watched almost all the Rox games live this season. He was vocal during his days at NY, but at Houston, not so much. That's all i'm saying.

I still blame the coaching staff for his lack of confidence anywho. When he was playing under MDA, he was the man and you could see it through his play. Under Woody, he was still able to do his thing but kept it to a minimum. Under McFailure & his staff, well, I don't think i need to explain.

11. deedee82

deedee82 Member

Think he's really not wanting to pin anything or anyone to the media. What remains closed doors remains closed doors.

12. Fighton

Fighton Member

Mchale just does not have a pulse on the team. He has no idea how the players are doing and thinking. On top of that, given that this is his final year on contract, he has no leverage.

13. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

James Harden changed the whole ballgame when he came here and what Sampson said was very telling: "If your best player doesn't get most shots, something is wrong" and McHale said he will let him figure it out for himself. Harden is thus untouchable and can do whatever he wants, he will get his 40 minutes regardless.

Patterson in his comments is clearly pointing to Harden's iso plays, though not exclusively, and I think the problem is it starts with the star player and when he continuously plays little defense, gambles and goes 1-on-1 instead of playing teamball, that creates problems.

14. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

With the way those two have been playing as of late, specially Patterson, they don't have the right to call anyone out. As a whole the team is struggling, everyone needs a little self assessment.

Each and every player needs to hold himself accountable for the mistakes their doing on the court. I don't think pointing fingers at each other, specially with a team this young, is going to work. (Might work for veteran clubs, but not young ones)

15. conquistador#11

i think it's funny making it about lin and harden. The proof is in the jello. When Lin plays pg duties and harden is shooting well plus the four position somewhat contributes, this team is successful. But right now the offense it's stagnant and dudes, it's not your pointguard. It's your coach! call comcast!

16. GBRocket

GBRocket Contributing Member

That was hilarious. Thought it was an "itsreal85" spoof for a second!

17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I really like Jeremy Lin as a person. He's a class act all the way.

18. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

I actually enjoy watching him play and grow. Personally, I've got low expectations and a lot of patience. We are not a championship team as constructed, so I'm not gonna get worked and and dislike our guys.

1 person likes this.
  19. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Thank you! I'm not interested in pinning my hopes, wishes, dreams, as well as taking a barometer of race relations based on how well Jeremy Lin is playing. Usually he's a very fun player to watch.

20. MOFvsLOF

MOFvsLOF Member

He would say he didn't know but respect coach's decision. :)