1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Jeremy Lin fans race to defend Jeremy Lin from Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 2, 2014.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  2. TTNN

TTNN Member

Wow, this is stupid and illogical.

Of course Lin will be overly critical of himself, and he said this sentence as an opinion, HIS OPINION and of course he has a higher standard for himself.

However, you are trying to present this statement AS A FACT and ask people to vote yes or no on it, which is a indication of voter's opinion, or whether voter would take it as a fact or not, then the standard has totally changed, and you are converting Jeremy's opinion into a FACT, and trying to stuff it down to people's throat to admit that's true.

So, 75% of the people disagree in the poll, which suggested that majority of the people consider Jeremy over critiqued himself, that is simple as that.

In clutch's dictionary, there is no words like "humble", "modest", "keep a higher standard", "try to go beyond oneself." and all that kind of stuff.

While Clutch is happily showing off his brilliantly designed trap that attracted 1500 people felled in, he forgot that he is also showing off his stupid logic, his narrow and limited vision, and his ignorance.

It is just like a proud peacock showing off his splendid feather while forgot he is also exposing his ugly hind side which normally hide pretty well.

Yes, a well designed trap that get everybody exposed.

3 people like this.
  3. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Fixed.

4. dookiester

dookiester Member

I understand that and agree completely. There will always be bad posts from bad posters. But this is the first time I've seen Clutch himself descend to their level. Maybe it isn't fair to expect more from him but hey, just like Jeremy Lin, everyone should be fair game. Is this the thread where we start to see the emergence of Clutch-Only-Fans? :eek::eek::eek:

5. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

While I agree with your sentiment, I just don't think there are that many LOFs on CF anymore. Sure there are some, but really, the majority are just those who would rather label anyone who disagrees with criticism of Lin as a "LOF". I mean, you can probably find one or two examples PER PAGE of each Lin thread where a poster is called a LOF (or LOH) purely based on one post that, in and of itself, is not that extreme in either regard. It's ridiculous.

tbh, I always feel like the GARM is fighting a phantom enemy that has long left. I end up defending Lin more than criticizing him more so in response to the pure stupidity I see from a majority of posters that hate on him and other posters (who they claim are LOFs but aren't).

One's led to believe that all those (or most) who voted FALSE in Clutch's poll are somehow LOFs, and I really think that's far from reality.

6. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Apparently Lin checking in coincided with a replay being shown, so a lot of fans were probably booing that. I'm sure there were fans booing Lin though.

7. rocketblood713

Lololololol

8. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

The conclusion is insulting to non-LOFs who voted False to the poll question. It was their honest assessment of Lin's performance. Lumping them all like "mindless" fans racing to defend their idol. Majority of the votes could be from LOFs but many comments are more critical of the poll itself.

OMR, you strike a sensitive nerve there.

9. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

Am I a bad person for liking Lin? :(

10. JJHardLin

JJHardLin Member

Lol, hilarious. Honestly I think I voted false but that's because my expectations for him coming into the playoffs were really low. Just goes to show how bad he is when his confidence/brain isn't all there. So bad that I thought a couple of assists and a few buckets were is a good game for him, lol. Never expected "Linsanity" to strike in game 5 tbh. Would be awesome if he could keep it up

11. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

Would it make the "fan" disparage the character of that person, imagine conspiracy theories, fling accusations of racism and bigotry, and then when confronted with their own inconsistency sink further into their delusion and continue that same cycle of illogical hate for anyone who criticizes their favorite player - including, ironically, their favorite player?

Probably not, right?

12. NullNexus

NullNexus Member

Who cares, everyone knows clutch is butt hurt over Goran leaving.

2 people like this.
  13. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I am a LOF, but i don't get caught up about what the LOF and LOH are arguing. When he don't play well and it's his fault, i will say all the crap about him just as i will say to any other players. I will cuss and use profanity and anything to release my anger...i don't care and i don't hold back just because i am a LOF. I cuss because i am mad that he screwed up both game 3 and 4...i am mad and i'll let it be known so that he KNOWS about it!! I don't says stuffs to get him down ...that's not the point. Rather to lift him up and hopefully make him a better player. That's why he came back and play better in game 5. Without criticisms, there is no improvement...that's how i see it.

As for those that are haters and does nothing but hate just for the sake of hating a person for whatever it may be (ethinicity or color of the skins). I know there are quite a few of you out there based on the comments i read. All i can say, grow up and if you're going to criticize someone, make it logical and thoughtful because it's pointless if you couldn't back up what you said.

1 person likes this.
  14. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Rustlemania

15. pwnyxpress

Thanks for the compliment :) But as I noted in some other posts, it wasn't played perfectly unless the intent was purely to troll some posters. Then yeah, troll success!

But if it was an honest attempt to try to reach a viable conclusion(s), then no, it failed miserably. There were so many flaws with it that I don't think I have to dip deep into either my clinical psych background or my legal one to point them out lol.

Vague statement that was open to interpretation, thus leading to a black/white answer system that didn't explain reasons for why certain people voted one way or another.

Quoted comments about bias from Clutch due more from either his post history and/or the timing of the poll itself. The whole purpose behind this subsequent article somewhat proves that -- what's it really doing besides serve some immature impulse to further alienate a group of posters, label them even harder and laugh at their expense?

Whether Lin said the statement or not is irrelevant in that the poll was asking whether we agreed with the (again, vague and subjective) statement. There's apparently some implicit belief by Clutch that a fan of Lin disagreeing with Lin's statement means the fan is somehow an absurd person. I disagree.

Lastly, the notion that most who voted FALSE in that poll are LOFs is extremely misguided and most likely not true. If the question had been, "Overall throughout this series, prior to Game 5, has Lin been successful as an offensive spark?" I would have voted NO. I mean, that question is STILL vague with the "offensive spark" reference, but at least it takes away a competing interpretation.

16. Lihao

Lihao Member

yeah , that's what really frustrate me, he's our best player and yet he's the one playing with less efforts

17. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Lin is certainly a magnet for attention and shame on you Clutch for being a borderline LOH and fanning the hate flames with these Lin threads.

Lin is shouldering more responsibility around here than he should, coming off Linsanity JVG was asked about Lin's potential and JVG said anywhere from lower tier starting PG to a capable backup PG. I think JVG was right on, he's no star so why is he constantly nailed to a cross when he makes a critical turnover or has a poor shooting night.

18. pwnyxpress

What? Poor social or controlled experiments often have the researchers crucified by the scientific community. Obviously different standards there (as such a roughshod attempt at an experiment wouldn't make it through peer review) than on an online forum, but that'd simply cut both ways.

And no one's been confronted with any sort of "inconsistency." That's what's so annoying to me.

The calls of racism and bigotry are unfounded, however. There's no place for that here, and I generally disagree with all LOFs who think those who hate on Lin do so from some source of inherent racism.

19. yunac010

yunac010 Member

So that "LOFs GTFO" thread got deleted quickly...

This board is gonna be bananas today with everything going on.

20. ColdspringX

ColdspringX Member

I couldn't believe my eyes.

after how Lin played in game5 and getting booed, clutch launched another holly war against lofs? What a bless to game 6!