1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Jeremy Lin fans race to defend Jeremy Lin from Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 2, 2014.

1. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

2. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

How on earth has this reached 25 pages.

1 person likes this.
  3. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

I think the difference is Harden and Howard are two of the best players in the NBA.

Lin is an average NBA player, who, unlike most average players, has some very above average skills (i.e. first step, speed, quickness, ability to penetrate) and the ability to break out and capture fan's emotions.

Many LOF's are delusional, however (as you said, not all) and due to Linsanity and the occasional breakout game, feel he's capable of CONSISTENTLY doing that "if just given the opportunity" - which is just not the case.

LOH's are worse in my opinion. They act as though he shouldn't be on the team, much less in the rotation.

4. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

I guess I must've missed the obligatory popcorn-eating gif?

Say, isn't there a game tonight? Fairly big one, IIRC...

Wonder how the boys in red handle the LOF thing?... I appreciate more and more how Dwight tries to use humor as a leadership tool...

Us rats in our little basketball cage need some feeding -- maybe winning DOES cure everything?

#504 burlesk, May 2, 2014
    Last edited: May 2, 2014
  5. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Okay guys, take a break and don't post here for a few hours.

Watch the game and let's take this to game seven!

1 person likes this.
  6. metalshred

metalshred Member

As a rockets fan, I want to see Jeremy Lin succeed. But LOFs are just disgusting. Very very disgusting.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Clutch, this is awesome! You hit the jackpot.

To the extreme LOFs who are ticked off and offended: Feel free to leave and not come back. The site will be better off without you.

To regular LOFs who have your heads screwed on right (whether you care about the Rockets or not): This is the kind of thing that separates you from the lunatics who are off the deep end. You gotta admit this was well played.

8. sun12

sun12 Member

You mean Obama only fans vs Romney only fans?

9. zoids

zoids Member

Wow, Linsanity eventually turned Clutch into a troll. Totally didn't see that coming...

Not going to comment further on the issue. I am only going to say this: Lin has ALWAYS been his own toughest critic. Using his own criticism does not prove it is the objective truth or fact.

Have you not seen some certain coach or player who did not perform but just put the blame to the whole team (e.g. ball sticky all the time some coach always say after a loss, or it's all about team defence after own poor performance)? Lin's statement only show what he think about his own performance. Nothing more, nothing less.

10. Zergling

Zergling Member

I don't hate Lin. I hate Lin Only Fans. I'm a LOFOH.

Well done Clutch!

11. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

LOFs gonna LOF. lol at the Donald Sterling comparison.

12. metalshred

metalshred Member

Please leave LOFs. Clutchfans doesn't deserve the "die-hard" fans like you.

Stop polluting this forum like smog and GTFO.

13. windwave

windwave Member

I voted true and said the following in the original poll:
    I based my original vote on his playoff performances in g1-g4 vs his season average. His season average isn't that great to begin with, and his better performances (1,3) are only similar to his season average, that's why I voted TRUE. But after seeing the poll as a joke/experiment/gotcha thread, this is the reply in this thread I've agreed the most so far:

I pity the people who were tricked and are feeling offended, and the people who are laughing and think they've won an argument. What a bunch of childish fools. I thought the original poll was a legitimite discussion, turnout to be another time waster. Should've known better being almost 20yrs on the net. lol

14. SacTown

SacTown Member

15. munco

munco Member

if you take any quote out of context like you did Clutch you'll get responses like that. i don't think your point got across at all other than you treat Lin differently a lot differently than any other player on this board.

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

How the LOF's reacted was pretty much expected. What's more telling is, some highly respected posters like Yoyo and R2K actually took that thread seriously and argued that it was a worthy topic put up by Clutch. It reveals something deeper, something all of us are guilty of:

Source Bias -- Judging the truth or worth of something not by the thing itself but by its source.

Examples of source bias on CF:

Lin only fans -- Whatever is done by Lin must be good. If it's bad, it must be someone else's fault.

LOF haters -- If an analysis is done by a Lin fan, it must not worth anything. It doesn't matter how thoughtful the analysis is.

Old timers -- If it is done by Clutch on this site, it must be right. It doesn't matter if a thread looks like a troll thread.

Many posters -- If something is leaked by an insider, it must be true. It doesn't matter how illogical it is.

Everyone -- If DaDakota likes a player, that player must be a scrub. :grin:

1 person likes this.
  17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dude, I didn't bring his upbringing into it, someone else did.

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The most hilarious thing is that people accuse Clutch of letting LOF's in here because it increases the click traffic.

Clutchfans is the number one Rockets forum. Plus he loses money on this site. You think the tip jar is there to feed his family?

19. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Or: hey it's a topic. Do I have something to positively contribute? How can I fairly engage it?

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Would you do that if the thread was started by a Lin fan?