1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Jeremy Lin after Rockets 101-89 win over Celtics

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Hahah... I often see Harden going 1 on 5.

If 3 pts shooting is the most important aspect of a PG's game, we should have snatched up Derek Fisher before the Mavs did. He's .467. And Deron Williams at .275 "does not belong in the NBA" as some of you have said.

Just trade the kid already. It's better for everyone.

2. ROCKCITY

ROCKCITY Member

3. roxxy

roxxy Member

Once again though. Nobody is asking for Lin to be the primary option, that he is taking more shots than parsons or Harden. People are just saying let him be the PG & let Harden be the SG. Let him run the offense more & place James Harden on the wing. IE let Lin play his natural position. I doubt Parsons would be getting any wrong messages if the coaches were to let Lin be what he is, a PG. If Lin is playing on the ball a lot more guess what that means that he is not spot up shooting as much what he isn't very good at. Let Harden who is the superior spot up shooter occupy that role a lot more. Just a few thoughts.

4. micactus

micactus Member

That's reasonable.

Actually I don't have a problem with Lin coming off the bench. I don't know but maybe Lin could accept that as well judging by his own personality. But to start him and then bench him for the entire 4th quarter for no particular reason is just not fair/reasonable for Lin/Rokets/fans.

5. nono

nono Member

Don't think he is really happy right now but hopefully this is further motivation for him to improve.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So, Head and Shoulders?

7. micactus

micactus Member

I am getting that you are not one that can be reasoned with. You probably just want to rant like you did with your own post that started all this.

But for the record, I was replying to the guy who basically said that Lin wasn't tortured. And I asked if he watched the game, implying that if he did, he would have known Lin didn't look happy on the bench. Lin is a team guy and should be happy when the team is winning unless... you can fill the blank up there.

I asked did he know Lin because his argument that Lin isn't tortured is based on his thinking that Lin is getting paid so he should be happy about it. But anybody that knows Lin would know that he is not there just for the money.

Argue against these 2 points, or you can keep your ranting which suits you best.

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

McHale:

[rquoter]
    (On Toney Douglas in the fourth quarter)

Toney’s been fantastic. I’ll tell you what, Jeremy had a really good third quarter. I’m thinking, ok, I’m going to go back to Jeremy, maybe play Jeremy and Toney a little bit together, but Toney started playing so good that I was like, man, I guess I’ll just let him go. That group did a great job of moving the ball and getting open.[/rquoter]

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Your statement was so blatantly stupid I thought we had settled it.

Saying he is getting tortured is a deceptive exageration...for any NBA player for that matter. You could say he is unhappy, but to say he is being tortured and dramatizing this like all the other posts I am seeing in this forum is just plain wrong.

The world doesn't revolve around Jeremy Lin.

This is a Rockets fan site.

Rockets first, Lin second.

10. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Great post and I don't doubt that for one second. But what you are probably going to get in response to it is that he was "Lying."

11. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

Man, Lin just doesn't seem to realize that if he doesn't look for his own shots and score double digit each game, he will never gain respect by his own coaches let alone in the league. It's not that he is superior in any other aspects of his game like Rondo's freaking rebounds and superb defense that coaches can tolerate his single digit score game in game out. Heck, even Rondo is consistently put double digit scores.

Lin might be thinking of getting all the teammates involved, but his own starter job is on the line now if he keeps avoiding to make his own shots. As commentators said the trend now is more and more scoring PG in NBA.

Wake up Lin before it's too late.

12. Lihao

Lihao Member

i'm assuming that you're talking about his lack of shot attempts , actually i don't think he's being passive today , he got 7 assists in 1st half , most of them directed to easy basket under the rim .it seems like he's trying to look for easier shot for his teammates rather than settling for jumper himself. so depend on how you prefer , makes play like Rondo or chuck alot like Kobe? (not saying he's same class to them of course :p )

13. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

From this quote, it would appear that McHale does not see Lin as a starter. You don't sit your starter out for the entire 4th quarter because his backup is "playing so good".

When Howard was missing all the FTs, MDA said in his post-game interview that he wasn't going to yank Howard in the 4th quarter. He wanted to build Howard's confidence up. WTF is McHale thinking?

14. Akim523

Akim523 Member

That's why he's clueless. Benching the starter who's having a good game because your backup player was also having a good game is plain stupid. It sends a wrong msg to everyone on the team and you bet it doesn't help with the chemistry.

1 person likes this.
  15. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

When Adelman was here and Brooks was starting, on NUMEROUS occasions he would play Lowry the entire 4th.

And Howard is a completely different example. You are talking about a guy that was the Best , proven center in the league for quite a while who is having trouble adjusting to a new offense.

16. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Nobody would question McHale's integrity.

I am just questioning his intelligence.

17. micactus

micactus Member

Apparently MDA does not put the team 1st. He puts Howard 1st. He should be fired.

18. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

He might not be the sharpest tool in the shed, and I admit I've pretty much had it in for the guy since Adelman was fired, but he is doing a decent job and is getting unnecessary hate.

19. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Give me some stats to back up your claim. Has Adelman ever benched Brooks while Brooks was having a good game?

20. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I have no idea what you are talking about.

You didn't read my posts, started ranting about it. Then when I called you out, you start crying about class.

So no I don't really care what your point is, this stemmed from your initial rant regarding my post. Since that's over with, I suggest we leave it.