1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[ClutchFans] Jeremy Lin after playing just 18 minutes vs. Mavericks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 8, 2012.

1. jocar

jocar Member

I gotta say, it wouldn't be such a bad idea.
    Next game, just go HAM when he gets the ball. Don't give a crap what anyone including the coach is thinkin, don't worry about making mistakes.... just put it on the floor and take it hard to the hole. Either lay it up, make contact and get to the line, or hurt somebody trying. You're gonna get benched anyway right? That might get his confidence up!

2. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

Be literate. He was talking about this season's games against toronto and utah.

3. Arthurprescott2

Calm down. He was saying Lin might get back to the level he played against Utah/Toronto this season... you know the games just a week or two ago? Can't really say Lin can't have those kinds of games again, right??

4. zdrav

zdrav Member

His games against the Raptors and Jazz weren't Linsanity level. They were about Woodson level.

5. Akim523

Akim523 Member

And you just defined LOH.

6. zdrav

zdrav Member

Yeah, just itching for an excuse to sniff out an alleged LOF, right? Comical. :grin:

7. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Just read this in a Grantland article about Kobe Bryant and Bill Russell: "Russell believed, and still believes, that a basketball team only achieves its potential if everyone embraces their roles — you figure out what you have, split the responsibilities and you're off." The problem with the Rockets is that, perhaps subconsciously, not everyone is embracing their roles.

8. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

dude, telling like it is means you are an annoying LOF. which means it's justified to hate on Lin. says LOH's

9. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Dude, it's Toronto and Utah this year. Just a few games back. D'oh

10. tigernet

tigernet Contributing Member

That is why we say the coach is not good.

11. SK34

SK34 Member

Lol. My bad then. HE can definitely reach that level. Wasn't really reading there. But sure LOH it is... although not a huge Harden fan. I do like Parsons, Jones, and Asik tho.

12. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

reporter: "Jeremy, what do you REALLY think about getting just 18 minutes?"

13. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

It's interesting that shayan being a new poster is so vocal against Lin for absolutely no reason other than his unconditional dislike for the guy.

Have you ever said anything positive about Rockets players other than the times you were putting down Lin.

Like someone just said above me, you are the prototypical LOH.

Hate for the sake of hating.

14. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Took a Harvard grad a 10 seconds silence to come up with the cliche. Basically something that every player should do....lol...

15. zdrav

zdrav Member

I think we can remain optimistic in the fact that in the games in which Lin played the way he plays best (attacking the rim, being the leader on the court), he has looked pretty good this year.

His worst games have come when he doesn't touch the ball much and is forced to take too many jump shots.

Honestly, I stopped worrying about him after I saw the Toronto and Utah games. He played his game in those games, and he looked as good as he did last year. Okay, not peak Linsanity level, but he looked like an above-average PG, which is all you can ask for at his age and experience.

He's got the skills, and he's not a fluke. He just needs to be used the right way.

So he sucks when he is forced to play to his weaknesses. All but the elite players are the same way.

16. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Look at Parsons shooting percentages all season long. If he has two bad games its not the end of the world.

17. SK34

SK34 Member

Actually. I gave lin some credit when he deserved it. It was some time ago tho.

18. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Oh no, don't blame Asik. Lin wants to help make his teammates better. No regrets, I'm sure.

And Asik is a decent hard-working guy too.

19. SK34

SK34 Member

Its not really hate, its just not what I like to see from the Rockets point guard after having two really awesome point guards before him. We had some great point guards for past years so I'm waiting for the guy to reach that level.

Lowry, Dragic, Brooks (MIP award)...

20. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

i'll tell you why he's getting benched. it's all politics. yes, it exists everywhere even in basketball. the coaching staff probably wasn't big on him last year and had a say as to how they wanted Morey to keep and who gets let go.. McHale has always been a Flynn fan. but Flynn stunk it up while Linsanity emerged last year made McHale and staff look really bad. worst part for them is when Morey and Les went and got Lin back. but as the coaches have a say in who plays and how the game is played, they will try to make Lin look bad just to say "see, i was right!". McHale and company have nothing to lose since they're all most likely on their way out anyways and they know it.

1 person likes this.