1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Jeremy Lin after loss to Warriors, Parsons on "irrelevant" rookie talking trash

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 17, 2013.

1. verysimplejason

What's wrong with sportsmanship? Inside the game, it's all out war. Outside, it's a different matter. Basketball is still smaller than life after all.

2. figment

figment Member

Where....does it even imply this?

Have you lost your mind?

Erm, well he showed them up 3 out of 4 times, is that decent enough?

I've read your posts and you strike me as a good dude, please calm down.

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I don't think the Rockets will win the NBA title this year, but man I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP AND PARTICIPATION TROPHY.

According to my sources right now, James Harden is at the Star of Hope tucking in the homeless people in their cots right now. That's why he had to leave early and Clutch and the media could not get in an interview.

Clutch found me in the parking lot outside Toyota Center, and we conducted an interview. There was no video or audio, but I have the summary.

Clutch: How about that crowd tonight.
    Kam: It was good. Crowd was decent. Halftime, lot's of Milfs out there.Got some good pictures of Jeremy Lin, and Chandler Parsons, and James Harden. Nachos were decent. Dr Pepper tasted like ass. yeah, I drank it all. Had to pee in the third quarter.

Clutch: What did you do after the game?
    Kam: Usually after wins, I put it on 790 and listen to the post game show. Hear how Maya wants to have Carlos Delfino's babies. Tough loss. More disappointing though.

Clutch: Is there a rivalry with LOF and LOH on CF?
    Kam: Probably. I'm just a Rockets fan. I was here before Lin, I'll be here after Lin. I was here before Yao and Tmac. I'm still here. Okay, I wasn't here before Hakeem, but I made it in the prime years. There are too many irrelevant fans on CF. Always talking trash. I guess it's a rivalry because what I did to them. But I feel like every thread should be like that. Every thread should be physical, it's going to be like that in the playoffs. I hope they never post like that again.

Clutch: Thank you Kam.
    Kam: How's my hair looking?

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Seriously who gives a **** if they didn't shake hands? Its a competitive sport and thats the way we keep things. Every now and then its ok to hold them accountable but this is a team we have had a history of games with this season.

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

As far as Harden is concerned who cares if he left early? You guys seemed to get hung up on pointless things.

Maybe you should ask the person who was actually there interviewing them like Clutch if its really that big of a deal?

6. SeabrookMiglla

i agree. i think that it can really add an intimidation element to lin's game.

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

It's not really a Lin thing, (sorta) it's an NBA thing, it's a pro sports thing.

I didn't grow up in the we all hold hands, we have the same agents, same shoe company, same representatives, same AAU team era.

8. nono

nono Member

It's not bad in the regular season I think. As long as he doesn't shake hands in the playoffs it's okay. However I think it would benefit Lin to develop a mean streak. The reason he does well against better teams is maybe he is too soft on the crappy teams.

9. roxxy

roxxy Member

As you gain more experience & develop/ get better as a player you start to get meaner & start demanding instead of waiting. We see that with Durant, saw it with Nash etc.

I really could care less whether he shakes hands with players or not but I understand why some fans would prefer he not do that.

10. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

You play hard. You bump, push, grab, flop, whatever you have to to get the win. Then, you shake hands and move on unless the other team played dirty or talked a lot of smack. Nothing wrong with shaking hands, IMO. Now, if Curry pushed or tripped one of our players during the game, then friends or not, you gotta walk off pissed but tonight wasn't that kind of day.

11. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DloYHlh8dhE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

/thread

1 person likes this.
  12. ParanoidAndroid

hahahahahaha lmao. this is a great post, especially after this humiliating loss.

13. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

If they are so mad about it (even if its just Parsons) why have they started (the last two games) as if they are trying to start a car on a very cold, frigid day, when they get up at 5 a.m., and have to wait about 15-20 minutes til finally the car is warmed up and ready to head out... These last two games, I'm starting to think that the Rockets may like doing this, keep hammering their thumb with a hammer at the start, through halftime and then FINALLY start to act serious second half... :mad:

The Rockets may like doing that, but we certainly DONT like seeing it!! Last two games, there has been:

1) Lots of standing around (very little rebounding)
    2) Little to NO Hustle plays
    3) Unintelligent passes, which leads to TO's!
    4) Relying too heavily on the 3 point line, making it their home (I mean 9 for 36?) Shouldn't it sink in after awhile that if the 3 is not falling, that a TWO is better than ZERO? :rolleyes:
    5) Lack of Calls that the refs are NOT calling! (Seriously? Does the NBA have that much of little respect for the Rockets? I'm starting to think so.) I mean what did the Rockets ever do to them? Did they take their lunch money as a kid? I mean, what is it? Why can't it be called both ways?! CALL IT DOWN THE MIDDLE FOR GOSH SAKES!!! ITS NOT THAT HARD TO DO! And then McHale gets called for a "T" when he's just breathing in the direction of the refs or gives the refs a thumbs-up? Of course, I'm being sarcastic of those two examples, but you all get my point... It's getting quite irritating... The last 5-6 games, (ESPECIALLY AT HOME) TOTAL lack of calls by the refs that SHOULD be called but are NOT!

If this was the start of the season, all these mistakes/errors, whatever you want to call it, I would see as justified, as they are all trying to gel for the first time playing with each other but this is game, what? 65, 70 of the season? Come on now... The only new guy is Thomas Robinson and Francisco Garcia and they don't even START! The SAME five starting guys that started DAY ONE for THIS SEASON did MUCH BETTER than how they are doing now... It's quite sad really.

If this was happening more often on the road, OK fine... But its happening at home more often, when it should be happening less often at home, as I think either a sports radio host or caller said that: "They have the home court advantage, they have golden opportunities to practice without any rush" and when it comes to game-time, they are playing like chickens with their heads cut off... And by the time they decide to act serious and try to win the game, its too late. :( (The Minnesota game that was played on Friday is purely a special exception)

#53 RocketFan, Mar 18, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  14. haydenfisher342

@JamesHarden @Lilwayne yo brain aint bout dis life

15. gate470

gate470 Rookie

This is stupid. Did Curry look like a weakling for shaking hands with Lin the last 3 match ups? After every loss, he went to Lin.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

17. CarolNYC

CarolNYC Contributing Member

First there was a tweet from Mark Jackson to Chandler that said this:
    Congrats on a great year. GREAT seeing U 2night!!!!! #Warriors

Then Chandler quoted that tweet and tweeted it out to his followers, adding:
    just be glad u don't have to c us again.

Which ends up looking like:
    "@JacksonMark13: @ChandlerParsons Congrats on a great year. GREAT seeing U 2night!!!!! #Warriors” just be glad u don't have to c us again.

18. hali

hali Member

This part is the reply quote. The 1st @ is the person sent message the 2nd @ is the person received the message. so everything after the receiver's name inside the quote is from the person sent the twitter. Outside of the quote is the actual context by the person replied the twitter (in this case Chandler)

19. hali

hali Member

DMo started just recently.

We also played the same team 4 times. Team do adjust no matter how bad you think the coach is.

20. Hail to the V

Hail to the V Member

Look even Harden is besties with RW, Durant and his old crew. They freaking tweet each other all the time. They hug after each game. They partied during the ASB. No harm, no foul.

CP is tight with David Lee and Blake Griffin. Doesn't mean he doesn't bring it when they play. Did Curry get heat for being friends with Lin after losing 3 straight to us this season? Naw, because he's a cool guy and his fans know and like him for it.

Rivalries can be fun to watch. Celtics vs. Heat will be entertaining in that respect today. But Morey is clearly in favor of high character guys and that's a good thing to have long-term, chemistry-wise.