1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] James Harden, Jeremy Lin after Rockets beat Kings (funny stuff)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Jedster

Jedster Member

It was definitely awkward and repetitive, but you could try sparing some love and patience for your own people.

2. Jedster

Jedster Member

Cos Lin was trying to pretend he didn't hear the question about who they preferred to play.

Reporters are just trying to be reporters. They need something juicy to write so they dig for such information, sometimes trying to find something out of nothing.

But the reality is that NBA players know better than to say who they prefer to play because it will just motivate their opponent if they really meet them in the 1st round.

Reporters know that, but they still hope that someone will slip up if they get asked the question enough times...

1 person likes this.
  3. Jontro

Jontro Member

Just cut out a little piece of Harden's beard, frame it, and give it to that annoying reporter. Maybe then he'll go away and worship that beard instead.

4. rainjacket

rainjacket Member

They may not be as awkward or outwardly silly as that guy, but 99.9% of the confident white males in these interviews ask questions that are equally as trite and stupid.

5. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Why would you be embarrassed for him when he himself isn't embarrassed?

I agree he needs to learn some better interviewing etiquette but if he's able to achieve his position and be comfortable with his accent then more power to him.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Asian reporter just needs to learn how to report. And more about the game of basketball. And a bit of etiquette. And to listen to previous questions. And probably a bit more Engrish would help to.

Seriously, you think whatever company hired him (assuming a media company that serves the China market) would find someone competent enough who at least has done some journalism. This guy is clearly not experienced.

7. hbomb

hbomb Member

"hey jame hey, hey james! heY JAMES!"

*WHAT*

hahha

8. howo13579

howo13579 Member

Kinda feel bad for the reporter. I'm sure he didn't try to be rude but just didn't know how to express his question timely when others were speaking nonstop. I thought the question was legit. Nobody in the interview mentioned that Harden's more familiar with OKC's style and may know how to beat it. And for all of you 2nd gen Asian , not sure what you're embarassed about. He clearly wasn't raised in English speaking enviroment. Our reporters go around the world and still interview in Enlish.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not every reporter gets their question in. They all use the same material to write their articles. It's a post-game write up for crying out loud - not an indepth expose. You can't interrupt the player to get your question in. Doesn't matter what language you are speaking or where you are from.

10. Precision340

Precision340 Member

lol.. no repeat questions please!!!

11. Jedster

Jedster Member

I think he didn't really care how rude he was as long as he got his questions in. That's how most reporters are. I certainly think that he should have done it better, but what irks me is the mocking attitude people here just have without consideration that the guy doesn't have English as his first language, or American Culture 101 as part of his degree.

Honestly, I thought his second part...the part where he asked if James would rather play OKC because he knew how they played...I thought that was an interesting question. Nobody had asked him that at that point.

If your job depended on you getting interesting quips or quotes from the players, you have to stick your neck out to get it or lose your job. Polite questions are from secure reporters who are fixtures in their media. Kinda like how Clutch doesn't have to ever worry about getting fired if his questions weren't interesting or controversial enough.

If you guys really think about it, everyone ALREADY knows the answers to the safe questions. Tell me you guys didn't already know the answers to the following questions.

"What are you guys playing for right now?"
    Captain Obvious answer: We're playing for the 6th seed and/or developing our younger players in preparation for the playoffs.

"How do you think the coaching staff did tonight in the matchups?"
    Captain Obvious answer: I think they did a great job, and they deserve a lot of credit.

"Who would you rather play in the playoffs?"
    Captain Obvious answer: We have to prepare for anyone and everyone. (Or not gonna think about it).

If I were the reporter, I would probably thrown out for asking questions like:
    Me: "Do you feel that the referees were cheating to help the Grizzlies win?"
    Captain Obvious: "That's for the league to decide. No comment."
    Me: "No, but really...how do you really feel?"

Me: "James, I know you say you don't have a preference, but surely you can't wait to beat OKC so that you can prove they are worse off without you?"
    Captain Obvious answer:"We don't have a preference. We just go out there and play hard and whatever happens happens."
    Me: "No but really...how do you really feel?"

LOL
    Hope I didn't offend anyone. Just having a bit of fun at the end.

12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

"Annoying" dude was def from China or Taiwan, judging by the accent. He doesn't annoy me though, just has weak English, particularly listening. Probably he had his question(s) canned before the interviews, because of his weak English; and he probably was not comprehending the English interviews all that well. Repetitive or not, he got his question and his answer to report. I give the guy a break. Imagine being in China competing with ten native-Chinese reporters to get a question in. I'm not into the laughing-at-foreigners thing.

13. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Interrupts him like 3x, then asks the same question that lead off the interview... How horribly unprofessional/idiotic are some of these guys? I had a difficult time watching that...

14. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

wow, kido, being embarrassed about your parents? i am a parent with two junior high schoolers. i dislike anyone who doesn't show respect to his parents. you should appreciate what your parents give to you. you are wandering around internet due to your parents. your life is given by your parents. if you feel embarrassed, you should give back everything your parents gave to you. shame on you.

15. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

wow, kido, being embarrassed about your parents? i am a parent with two junior high schoolers. i dislike anyone who doesn't show respect to his parents. you should appreciate what your parents give to you. you are wandering around internet due to your parents. your life is given by your parents. if you feel embarrassed, you should give back everything your parents gave to you. shame on you.

16. j3i

j3i Member

This response is TOO perfect. LMAO

17. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

This...

18. Jedster

Jedster Member

No anonymous messages please! :p

19. jocar

jocar Member

Since when is feeling embarrassed the same as being disrespectful? In that case, I would like to apologize to close friends who have done drunken dances on tabletops or strip teases at bday parties- for "disrespecting" them. I will give them back everything, shame on me!

20. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

do you see any similarity btw what you are talking and what he was talking?

bad behavior should be the reason for embarrasement not accent.