1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Interviews/Clips from Day 4 of Training Camp

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, without a guy bodying him, it's hard to judge how his moves actually could translate into game action.

And if Brooks still bricks his shots like that, he's gonna be out of the job pretty soon.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Now i see why they're teaching D-Mo post moves. Because he can't shoot the ball anymore.:(

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Lin and Covington with the nice shooting today.:cool:

4. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

I'm fine with that. Don't want the bandwagon to get too crowded. I'm kind of enjoying the fresh air up here ;).

5. steady

steady Member

Yes

The reason he went undrafted probably had a lot to do with meniscus knee surgery he had in his senior year, people didn't know how well he would recover. That, plus he played college ball at a lesser known school.

He's gotten some very good reviews.

Jason Friedman's pre-training camp report said:

Quote:
    -- Last month we mentioned Robert Covington as a player to keep your eyes on and absolutely nothing has changed on that front after watching him workout at Toyota Center these past two months and then seeing him take part in pick-up games with the big boys this week. He just belongs. He can obviously effortlessly stroke it from long range, but his overall feel belies his experience level (not to mention his undrafted status) as well. He can defend, hit the glass, run the floor like a gazelle, and the coaches love him, too.

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/basketball-back

1 person likes this.
  6. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Surprised posters aren't accusing Dwight of faking an injury because he is "butthurt" that the Rockets have failed to trade Asik. This board is really getting immature.

7. AVoiceInACrowd

One thing I notice when the dream spins is how much ground he covers laterally, likes he is stepping around his opponent while his back is turned to them. Most of the time, it looks like D-Mo is spinning into his opponent as opposed to around them. Not sure how effective it will be. Hopefully, he will figure it out. It already looks better than the first day.

8. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Didn't a few posters in the Omer-injury thread accuse Omer of faking an injury because he was butthurt?

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I agree with your point. Is Dwight day to day? What type of injury does he have?

10. rockets_big

rockets_big Member

Dwight has been very heavily criticized for the better part of 2 years. And with enormous justification.

11. Remlap

Remlap Member

Of course, they were uncontested practice shots, but it looked like Lin was shooting
    lights out in that 3 pt drill. Not the first part of the clip from the corner.
    But when he joined CP and Dmo from the top of the arc, he must have made 80%.
    Made Parsons look pretty mediocre.
    I'm excited to see Lin strokin' it like that. We'll need Parsons to calibrate his shot as well.

12. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Thanks a bunch!

13. StandontheLake

Covington wasn't picked up in summer league. He was signed I think the day after the draft. Clearly he was someone Morey wanted. Probably was pleasantly surprised that he didn't get picked.

14. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

Dude, this is nothing new. Everyone was high on TD as well. It doesn't matter who the backup PG would be, people will be high on them.

It is what is it, people don't like being wrong and they don't like to feel like maybe they were prejudiced in their judgement of someone so it'll work out much better for them if they can feel that they were right all along and Lin was just a scrub.

He'll do okay this season but I remain skeptical that McHale has any faith in him. We already have soundbites come out on Beverly finishing games etc. It's sad that Lin's best years are going to be playing in a place where he is unlikely to realise his full potential.

15. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

Thanks Clutch! every video I see of these guys gets me more and more excited for the season to come.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I for one was meh about the possibilities of Douglas. He turned out better than expected but at the end he was still a fine role player, sixth man. Nothing more and nothing less.

17. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Last preseason everyone basically hated Douglas; they wanted Livingston to make the squad over him, as well Machado. Livingston was the one who got cut.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah either way. Livingston did ok with Cleveland too didn't he? I did not watch but remembered him playing there.

19. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

Actually he didn't do well in cleveland, even with irving injured a lot of times... unless 6pts per game in 22 minutes is ok...

20. Play07

Play07 Member

Waits patiently for day 5, and hopes for scrimmage footage