1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans "Inception"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedroxred79, May 17, 2012.

1. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

If Clutchfans "hypothetically" paid Dom Cobb to plant an idea in Les Alexander's head, what would it be? To Tank or not to Tank.......can't wait to see the crazy $hit CF members come up with:p

2. cooliobob

cooliobob Member

I think that the organization should be open to ALL options available to them and hopefully create a blueprint that while keeping us competitive wouldn't come at the expense of mortgaging our future for short-lived success. I just hope that they are looking 5 years down the road as opposed to putting all their eggs into the win-now basket as it doesn't seem plausible at the moment.

3. cloudng8

cloudng8 Member

make him believe that tanking is not as bad as he thinks... i would hope he would see that a year of being horrible could pay off in the end.

4. JoeBarelyCares

Half price concessions!

5. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

New jerseys

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Member

sell the team

7. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Sell the team to Daryl Morey.

8. danoman

danoman Member

I would plant the thought that making me part owner is a good idea for the team.;) ,or tell him to make me a millionaire.

9. heypartner

heypartner Member

First we have to find someone willing to go into Les's dreams.

YOFs ... ACTIVATE

10. Plowman

Plowman Member
    Supporting Member

11. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Let's destroy this misconception on the first page. Tanking does not imply only being bad for a year. More often than not, tanking implies being bad for multiple years at a time.

12. crash5179

crash5179 Member

Go back to the "Red and Mustard"

13. jacoby

jacoby Member

Why would we tank when we came within a hair of acquiring Dwight Howard?

14. cloudng8

cloudng8 Member

Never said it will pay off I said it could pay off.. I rather keep trying in the draft over and over untill we get a stud then 3 years of getting the 14th pick and hoping that a superstar comes here via free agency or trade.

15. cooliobob

cooliobob Member

What you should just argue is, we've already tried this NOT tanking thing 3 years in a row and look where it's gotten us. How bout we try something new--like I dunnotanking?

16. jacoby

jacoby Member

Let's tank guys. Great idea!

Let's let Dragic walk, let's trade Lowry for a draft pick, let's get rid of Camby and Dalembert, let's let Courtney Lee walk to free up cap space, and we'll win 30 games, get the 6th pick in the draft, and get a superstar.

Or we can continue to field talented players that we can use to acquire a superstar like Dwight Howard, which we almost did at the deadline. Don't you tank to get superstars anyway?

17. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

The idea is to move up in the draft.

Do that by overpaying if you have to. Get young talent. Dump Kevin Martin even if we dont get something too good for him back. His worth is miniscule by now anyways. Trade Luis Scola along the way. Start over. If you happen to get some good players back in the draft who win or are young and win? The Rockets are better off no matter win or lose. Lose and high draft picks come here. Win and we have a younger roster who can win. It a win win risk. It is called rebuilding and not tanking.

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

Give the team to Jontro.

...and probably half of his fortune as well.

19. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Member

Why go after the small fish? Use inception on David Stern...

(it's all a dream, jump off the building)

20. cooliobob

cooliobob Member

Obviously, there are many ways to approach this situation, but judging from recent history (last 3 years) we don't exactly have much to show for as a team that is supposedly overflowing with "assets". You would think that our accumulation of assets over the course of the last 3 years would have at least gotten us to the playoffs once. Either progress isn't being made or other teams are simply doing more than we are.

Instead, the Rockets are looking at their third 14th pick in as many years. There is little to suggest that we are actually moving in the right, let alone any for that matter. It might be worth a shot tanking a season just to see how it goes right? The Rockets should consider it at the very least.

Are the Rockets a playoff team? Possibly. But, the facts point to -- no. We have 0 playoff appearances in the last three years. Finishing last in the league and finishing where we finished is all the same, except the team that finishes last actually gets rewarded for doing so. It sounds unfair, but it's true. What do they call a guy that finishes last in his med school class? A Doctor. What do they call the guy that finished 1st in his med school class? A Doctor. Finishing last in the league and being "best of the worst" is all the same. Both of us are non-playoff teams. The Rockets don't necessarily need to part with all their pieces, but I'm sure if you sit some of your starters here and sit some of them there, you might just end up with a game changing piece through the draft to make your team more competitive the following year. Just a thought.