1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] How the West playoff matchups could best align for the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

[​IMG]

If leads hold, I'd want Utah to win. They'd ride off momentum. Even if they fall against OKC (lost season series), then the winner matches up with GS.

Eh...what clutch said...

2. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Wow...refs allowing muggings, stabbings, brass knuckles, folding chairs, prison shanks and wooden maces in that MIN/DEN game. It's practically a UFC battle with no fouls.

3. boomboom

Supporting Member

DEN win, we face SAS

MIN win, we face MIN

IvanLCPM likes this.
  4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I don't want the Spurs

5. boomboom

Supporting Member

I want to face anyone but the Rockets. They're the only team that can beat us.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Yep but mostly wolves got away with a lot in the last minutes. No fouls but they went to the free throw.

8. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Can't believe I'm saying this, but GO JAZZ!

Everybody hurry up and Take Note!

PhilCollins and Rox11 like this.
  9. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

too bad Jazz played last night. If they didn't, i like the Jazz beating Blazers, but it looks like they're running out of gas.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

none of there guys played even over 30 mins. thats no excuse. running out of gas? not really. theyre just losing right now

11. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Well who’s to say okc won’t lose guys?

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

to utah. no they wont. utah has the same issue minny does and thats they cant score enough. couple that with their backcourt with zero playoff experience. theyre getting beat pretty easily

13. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

We need to sign a good power forward or center vs OKC. Okc Anthony beat our pf

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Warriors always getting Lucky.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I hope the Jazz can grind it and win a couple of games at least. OKC is not consistent at times.

YOLO likes this.
  16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Here is the thing. OKC offense isn't very dominant in the first place. Gobert is a defenisve monster and most of the players on their end aren't bad defensively.

Another thing, Utah actually has an offense that executes and runs and plays as a team. Me-first ball isn't going to beat them. I thought this was proved last year against the Clippers.

I actually expect Utah to win.

I also do not think GSW got off easy like everyone says because they won't play OKC. I am confused as to why everyone is scared of OKC, they are the most inconsistent team in the league and have shown an amazing ability to lose close games (because that's when it is chuck up time for their BIG 3) consistently. I think you can see who does well in the playoffs by teams that have managed to go streaking in the regular season, this isn't something OKC has done. They are very up and down. Utah is in the playoffs because they have way over performed and OKC is there because they have under performed. One team is getting the most out of their talent and players and one team isn't.

Portland has been the most dangerous team outside of Houston and GSW and Portland has played both teams well and has given GSW many problems. Everyone seems to just overlook them, but they have held tight to that 3 seed, got a little too relaxed (Sat players here and there) then end up with the 3 seed anyway, wiping the floor with Utah who is a very good team, this is something they've done since the all-star break, they've been dominating games against good teams and have beaten the Warriors twice.

Curry, coming back from an injury, is not going to enjoy having to guard CJ or Lillard and that guy, that Dame guy, is probably the most clutch guard in the NBA outside of Kyrie Irving. If Curry is rusty or isn't right to start that series that series could turn interesting quick.

Meanwhile, I don't expect trouble from Utah or OKC.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

Gobert while he is the key to them defensively is going to have his hands full with Adams. This elite defense that some people expect to shutdown okc isn't going to happen imo. the playoffs are a completely fresh start for everyone. Nothing before game 1 matters anymore. Okc is nothing short of confident within themselves and theres nothing new to any of their core about the playoffs. Can't say the same about utah. If utah is expecting to ride whatever wave they used to get into the playoffs, they're abou to be in for a real reality check. I don't like okc as much as the next guy and would love for them to lose but just speaking in terms of just what i believe will happen as far as basketball. Okc might have issues but utah has a lot of the boxes unchecked that you need in the playoffs to succeed.

what im hoping for is for atleast utah to be competitive and make okc work. giving okc even more confidence if they roll through utah without a problem isn't ideal for our matchup with them in the 2nd round. yeah we know okc has been inconsistent throughout the year and all but at the end of the day when you have rg,pg13,melo and adams, their ceiling is just much higher than what most other teams are no matter how much we dislike them.

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Listening to Minnesota sports talk radio everyone is giddy about the Twolves finally getting to the playoffs but most pundits here give little to no chance of them beating the Rox. I’m just glad we get at least two games in Mn so I can finally see. rox playoff game.

hakeem94, ReignSupreme and jev5555 like this.
  19. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Hahaha good one

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If we can't be the thunder, our season was a farce.