1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Houston shouldn't turn its back on Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 17, 2015.

1. ZomgZ

ZomgZ Member

IF Houston is not in winnable mode, or doesn't enough wins to even be considered in the top 4-5 teams, then I think its best to just get rid of his contract to a team that would need his help in the east. Miami looks to be a front runner for him. Dwight with Bosh, Dragic, and Wade could do some damage and I would get as much as possible for him. Draft picks, etc.. iTS TIME TO Get what you can get for Dwight and build for next year. BUILD AROUND HARDEN....

Justise Winslow
    Josh McRoberts
    Luol Deng
    2nd rd Round Pick for Dwight Howard

seems fair for a player who will probably opt out so its expiring plus can be that defensive jugarnaunt that Miami needs in playoffs, well whatever left of him. See that gives them there #4 option behind Bosh,Dragic,Wade, I just think he would fit. The trade makes perfect since.

Winslow is a guy who was compared to be like a player that would need a harden side kick, his ceiling is Harden like, he probably another pippen like player who would strive with harden. I say build around those 2, and get some better pieces around them with Lawson, T.Jones, Brewer trades with 1st round picks or better players like Ryan Anderson

PG - ? (Free Agent or Trade) Beverly , Rookie
    SG - Harden, ? ,
    SF - Winslow, Ariza
    PF- Dmo, ? , McRoberts
    C- Capela, ?
    Houston needs a starting pg (Mike Conley), back up for Harden who can score off the bench (Jamal Crawford) and Backup Center (Jokim Noah). All who can maintain defense and are UFA'S this year. Fill in the pieces, and rework this team

Conley,Beverly
    Harden,J. Crawford, Kj Mcdaniels
    Winslow,Ariza, Dekker
    Dmo, Ryan Anderson , McRoberts
    Capela, Jokim Noah

That's the team I would roll with, as well as new jersery's and logos. Lets go Silver/Red Home, Black/Red away. Get it done more Ray's....lol

. Plz don't tell me that team sucks, the bench would be all starters on another team.

2. gogispade

gogispade Member

3. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Man, some of you guys stay in fantasy mode....

T_Man

4. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Houston should turn its back on James Harden.

5. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Rockets’ Ty Lawson looking forward to rejoining team after suspension
    By Jenny Dial Creech on December 22, 2015 at 1:55 PM

Rockets guard Ty Lawson said he was ready to get back into the game after missing the last two.

Lawson was suspended for the Clippers game on Saturday and the Charlotte game on Monday due to a DUI from last summer.

He said he learned a little more about his team by watching those two games at home.

“We need to play harder on defense, go after loose balls, Dwight’s been playing well so get him the ball in the post a little more,” Lawson said. “It was tough just sitting there watching. I was yelling at the TV – it’s good to be back.”

While Lawson is ready to be on the floor, coach J.B. Bickerstaff said the guard is going to have to earn his playing time. He is averaging 5.9 points and 4.2 rebounds per outing this season.

“We are going to give him his opportunity to play and what he does with his opportunity, we will decide like everybody else, the rest of his minutes,” Bickerstaff said. “Everybody is in that position where you have to earn your minutes. We aren’t handing out minutes to anybody, so you have to be productive in your time and again, we are deep. We can win with the group we have, with guys being out, other guys have stepped in.

“So Ty coming back, he will have to be productive and do the things we need him to do – need him to defend and to push and to create for others.”

6. Zergling

Zergling Member

Howard got thoroughly owned by Vucevic in this game. Yep, money well spent.

7. ApuN

ApuN Member

Man, get this mental midget outta here

8. Milos

Milos Member

Agree with you ... but it's not really about Dwight slipping ... the league-wide talent at Center has just caught up to him

I just think that early on, Dwight was fortunate to enter his prime at a time when there was a massive dearth of quality NBA Centers & the league was changing from Post-first play to Perimeter-first

As teams have adjusted to the 'new' NBA, they've become much better at targeting big men who fit into this up tempo, shoot 3's style
    As a result, Center (for the 1st time in Dwight's career) is no longer the obviously least-talented position league-wide

Today you can make a very good case Dwight is no better than 7th among NBA centers
    By the time he signs his next contract, he could be in danger of falling out of the Top 10 at his position

I'd def take all of these guys the next 5 yrs over Dwight at $30M per:
    D Cousins
    M Gasol
    D Jordan
    A Drummond

That already has Dwight 5th easy
    Then there's the next group of young guys who maybe aren't better NOW, but clearly will be sooner than later:
    K ATowns
    H Whiteside
    R Golbert

To me, 9th is about where I'd rank D12 among NBA Centers going forward
    Is the 9th best player at any position, at age 30, worth $150M as he slowly declines into his twilight over the next 5 seasons?

Who else among the #8-12 ranked at their position would you pay $30M a year this offseason?

At PG (the most talented position league wide) you're talking about guys like:
    T Lawson
    J Teague
    E Payton
    T Parker

I wouldn't pay any of those guys $150M over the next 5 yrs
    Not with 2 other young 7-footers already here in Dmo & Cap

And Dwight's game will NOT AGE WELL
    Once his explosion is gone, his overall game is going to fall off a cliff as he has never developed much Skill to complement his physical gifts
    Just like Shaq before him
    We could be stuck with PHX/CLE Shaq at $30M per once Dwight's body finally slows down

Now if Dwight is willing to concede his future role on this team, and go the Duncan/Dirk route with a nice discount below Max to stay ... I'm open to that idea

I see more of the Kobe/Wade/Bosh route ahead for Dwight ... he wants to get PAID 1 last time this offseason

If we give it to him, he could become a cap albatross that could cripple this franchise for the duration of Harden's prime

My bet is Feigen makes up for Dwight 2013 / Parsons 2014 / Deandre 2015 and steers Dwight to the 1 owner who might pay him that insane money just to spite Daryl Morey ... MARK CUBAN

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think the West is competitive, and I know the old McHale led Rockets would first make a push to the 4th or 5th seed then lose 3-4 games in the finish.

Not sure how the Bickerstaff led Rockets would respond but given the atrocious start I do not think we cannot crack the 3rd seed (it is not impossible).

Realistically 4-6 seed.

It does not matter because I do not think this team is ready to win 3 rounds in a row anyway.

10. dmoneybangbang

Talent is there, need another PG if Lawson doesn't resemble an average NBA PG consistently by the deadline.

I think JB is slowly turning around the mindset/culture of the team, it may take the rest of the regular. On top of that, I think if we can catch some good luck with injuries and a nice a deadline pickup/player swap we can be a dark horse contender with the 3-5 seed.

11. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Please trade this dude morey. Just because you aren't getting the ball doesn't mean you should just quit on your team. His job is to rebound and anchor the defense. He's incredibly lazy for a nba center. He refuses to box anyone out, doesn't set "real"picks at all on offense, and would rather stand around on offense then help free his teammates for good looks. trade him now!

12. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Exchange him for Hassan Whiteside? I think Dwight still has enough hype to trade at this very moment.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Trade him to Cleveland and get Mozgov.

DD

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

mozgov looked terrible last nite

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah, well Dwight has one good game and then 2 meh ones....and seems to be in serious decline - not to mention mentally soft.

DD

16. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Dwight is so very average now

17. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Why not just send to Pelicans and get Asik back?

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The thing is Harden is also not as good as I (some others) have thought.

No complete package

We should get Porzingis. That is the only one I am interested in until another Euro explodes (better Dmo).

I agree with you but that we need a better Euro big guy. (early Gasol)

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

No way the Knicks trade him for any of our flawed and lazy players.
    Porzingis is the real deal.

20. Ns575

Ns575 Member

I heard on either 740 or 790 on the radio this morning that Dwight may be traded in a 3 team deal. Didn't hear much else. Any truth behind that? I heard Codman was saying changes will be made and 50% of us will be happy, 50% of us will be upset.