1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Houston shouldn't turn its back on Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 17, 2015.

1. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I just can't believe how sensitive that reporter is.

For the past two days, since the original sorry was released and Howard's response, he has been focusing and retweeting his sorry about how Dwight "wrongly" him a liar and how he is 100% correct because he is "very connected" around the league.

Who the hell cares if Dwight is refuting your claims?! Isn't that what is expected of players; to deny any rumors they are unhappy and want out because the moment they say that they are, the media will explode on him by calling him a bad teammate, cancer, etc.

Even if he was right, who cares? Dwight can't do anything but continue to play the game. It's not like Howard is going to fake injury and sit out games because he is unhappy.

This reporter wants to make a grab at fame. If he is right, he will say he was the first to report it. If he is wrong, then he can always pull out the "Dwight was indecisive" card.

2. NateNate

NateNate Member

Cool, I get first crack at it.

Ummmm...

Stay hungry= Snickers
    PatIeNT= INT = Schaub
    Loyal= DJ Khaled

I laid the groundwork so y'all can piece it together....

3. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

When playoffs come Dwight has always produced and taken he's game to another level. When it matters most he has came through.

A lot of people hate on Dwight but when it comes to playoffs the guy is consistent day in an day out.

4. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

Excellent, down-to-earth write-up. Thanks Clutch!

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I don't think Dwight said a damned thing to anyone. I think this is just the media circus around Howard inventing stories out of thin air based on the poor performance of the team thus far. I'm just not buying any of it. So and so said this and this and this. BULL****!

6. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

My favorite article all month.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

You obviously didn't even read the article, because what you're saying with this post is that we should throw Dwight under the bus because of online gossip. Which is obviously a stupid thing to say.

8. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Was just about to post the same reply. Agreed. Obviously.

9. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

All I can say is I hope this controversy brings the team together and I hope the team and most of all James has Dwights back.

It's a long season and as long as we can tread water now and get hot at the right time, we can be dangerous. The talent is there but is the will?

10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The complete lack of media accountability is sickening. They know they can generate hate for somebody they don't like just by throwing this out there. And then in this twitter age, the whole world will pick it up and retweet it as factual news.

I'm not sure if I want Dwight back, but it's strictly because his athleticism may be waning. I have no hate for him personally, he has been everything i thought we were getting when we signed him. The media loves to make him out to be a cancer, or a guy that doesn't take things seriously, but I have seen none of that.

11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm sad there is no validity to the Sheridan piece. Dwight for Whiteside, Deng and Winslow? Yes, please!

It's great that Dwight is apparently such a high character guy. And I have to admit he's shown up for us in the playoffs. But this year it's totally possible we won't even make the playoffs.

Dwight can't stay healthy and appears to be on the decline. Those things are only going to get worse. I doubt he has any trade value, but he definitely should not be re-signed at the max in the off season. 10-12 million a year? Sure. But he's not going to take that and he shouldn't. I'm sure somebody will be stupid enough to throw max money at him. I just hope it isn't the Rockets.

12. seeingred

seeingred Member

Great article Clutch. Dwight will always have a place in my heart because, as far as i can remember, he is the only superstar to choose us in free agency. The only star we didn't draft or trade for - he chose Houston.

Pretty cool. Also, read the article before you comment. This isn't a "re-sign Howard" campaign.

13. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Miami would never offer that package, so no worries. Also, Morey will never offer Dwight the max, so no worries there, either. He might offer Dwight 4 years $60 million, after KD turns him down, and only if Dwight is healthy and brings it again in the playoffs. This would not be a bad deal weighed against Robin Lopez at 4 years, $54 million.

14. CertifiedTroll

Codman said pint, pints are what Lawson missed. Lawson trade incoming.

15. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

This already happened last night during the TNT broadcast; Reggie Miller and the rest of the TNT crew were discussing Sheridan's tweet as if it were fact, using it as a reason to pile even more hate on Dwight.

16. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

I don't mind Howard, its Harden lack off effort that rubs me the wrong way.

1 person likes this.
  17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

As much as I dislike Kobe I respect his dedication and his game on the floor. His focus as a competitor can't be denied. Dwight is a inconsistent competitor unfortunately... his focus and dedication is just not as strong as it needs to be especially getting paid 20 million a year. This is not elementary school too guys can laugh on the bench and it is a double standard but ultimately Kobe can laugh because look at what he has showed you on the floor during his prime versus Dwight. Kobe shows you better than he can tell you and Dwight is the complete opposite and that is exactly why after 20 years Kobe can laugh while being down to the Rockets by 20 now just like the last Rocky movie when he was beat in the ring by the young champion but as a old man Rocky still fought it all out with guys in their prime... if anything Howard and Harden should be focused now like Kobe was before he had any rings and after he got some rings on his way to get more.

18. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Agree that the McHale freedom poisoned us a bit and we are paying for it now.

Disagree that 12 is still any sort of a superstar. Eyeball test only but his athletic prowess, ability to stay focused on the court and his ability to finish has declined rapidly. Attribute the second point to McHale but everything else is just nature.

James Harden has taken a significant step back. We all know this. Corey Brewer is terrible. We all know this.

I don't think we gel this year. I would offload Brewer, Howard, Lawson and Jones and try to get into the lottery and get our pick back. That is enough value to extract 1-2 nice young pieces or picks. Work on the development of Capela, Harrell, Motiejunas and try to get Harden back on track. We aren't mentally there and I just can't see it turning on this year.

19. jonkey86

jonkey86 Member

Trade Harden and Howard.

Harden has no heart. Even Tmac had more heart. Howard can only play defense, I don't care how much he tries on offense, it just looks awkward when he has the ball on offense.

If Howard is going to be a diva about not getting touches then he can GTFO cuz he sucks on offense and the numbers prove it.

20. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

GREAT REPLY!!!!

First, great article Clutch..

Second, sabesque made some great points...

Howard just wants to be involved in the offense, he's not asking to be the main man...

On defense Howard gets blasted by this board for helping out his teammates that DON'T play defense, which in turn leaves his man open... If he stays home and doesn't help, he still gets blasted.

Also people tend to forget that for the last 2 years it's been Howard who's carried us in the playoffs..

Howard is not even close to being a fundamental player like duncan and yes his skills have declined... But the man just wants to be a part of the offense..

T_Man

1 person likes this.