1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Houston Rockets Salary Cap Update

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BimaThug, Oct 28, 2014.

1. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Any thoughts on using the BAE on Emeka Okafor after he gets over this herniated disk?

2. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Cut Dorsey and sign Okafor or Rashard Lewis.

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I dunno, but after the failed Dorsey experiment, I can guarantee you that any offer out there will be for this year only.

The only thing saving Dorsey is the fact that his agent negotiated a pretty good contract to save him from getting cut in training camp & that cost the Rockets a roster spot. Morey needs to find a way to move him first and foremost.

Maybe a deal like Dorsey for Chuck Hayes (expiring & can fit into TPE) & maybe a 2nd rounder if needed. A deal like that is something they will probably will have to do. Reminiscent of the Camby trade a couple years ago where they had to part with an asset in order to get big depth for a potential playoff run.

Apparently Okafor hasn't even yet been cleared by doctors to resume basketball activities. The injuries he's had the past two years are pretty much career ending from everything I've seen even though he's still going to "try" and come back once he gets healthy. In other words, Okafor is probably done, and shouldn't be "sought after" right now. They should be looking elsewhere.

1 person likes this.
  4. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

regarding okafor I meant a one year contract after the middle of the season. if they looked at him and he looked good they could get him for rest of year for < 1 mil I think. of course it all is based on his conditioning and health.

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If Okafor works out for teams and looks healthy, I'm sure the Rockets wont be the only suitor. If he looks healthy, and he's willing to sign a one year deal under the BAE than of course. What team wouldn't love to have a healthy Okafor as their backup 5 on essentially a minimum deal?

However I don't think Morey or any other GM is banking on him coming back from the looks of it.

You are probably looking at either being lucky with a D-Leaguer coming out of nowhere, or snagging someone from overseas like a Pat Beverley type of deal(what Morey was obviously going for w/ the Dorsey signing), or you are going to have to pull a trade off similar to the Camby deal.

Maybe the Rockets get lucky and get someone like one of these guys who are expiring contracts and can play some backup 5-

-Garnett (probably only if he gets bought out)
    -Biyombo
    -Hayes
    -J. Anthony
    -Dalembert
    -T. Hansborough
    -Seraphin
    -K. Koufas (would probably be my top pick but tough to get)
    -J Whithey
    -Perkins (if bought out)
    -M Leonard
    -R. Evans
    -Kanter

That's pretty much your list there of backup C targets. Other than that, you are scouring the D-League, or looking to pull a retired vet out of the old folks home like Camby, K. Martin, etc.

6. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

I see a second going with Dorsey to Philly

7. YaosDirtyStache

I will gladly take Reggie Evans.

He is a dirty nut grabber but damn it he gets rebounds.

8. Rokman

Rokman Member

LOL!!

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It would be awesome to see Caveman and Evans on the Rockets.:grin:

10. hooroo

hooroo Member

11. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member