1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Houston Rockets Salary Cap Update: "Total Rebuild" Edition

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BimaThug, Jul 25, 2012.

1. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

Are we the whitest team ever?

Lin
    Martin (Half)
    Parsons
    D Mo
    Asik

4.5/5 White starters... Has this ever been done? Is Morey Racist? haha

2. ling ling

ling ling Member

You forgot Royce White. Then, it'll be 100% white.

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

We have mad bread to break up :grin:

In Morey We Trust, haters.

4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Slim Thuging...great job

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

First off... this isn't the official starting lineup. This is who you think is starting.

Secondly... How the hell are Jeremy Lin and Kevin Martin white? D-Mo and Asik are Turkish and Lithuanian born respectively.

The only white American in the rotation will be Chandler Parsons. The Rockets are one of the most ethnically diverse teams in the NBA. Your post is not funny. Its dumb.

6. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

New science shows that we all are black.
    White skinned people are just black mutations.

So we may have 4 out of 5 starters that are light skin mutations.

7. Texasboy1978

Texasboy1978 Member

That explains B-Rad from Malibu...:grin:

8. Texasboy1978

Texasboy1978 Member

so by this standard, nobody is white because all "white" people are from somewhere else. Used to crack me up when Italians would be like, "I'm not white"...um, your skin pigment says otherwise. Quit focusing on such menial stuff as skin color anyway. I don't believe white people claim Italians after Jersey Shore anyway...bahaha

9. I'm Tom Brady

I'm Tom Brady Member

My armchair GM friend of mine thinks Daryl Morey is stupid for signing "bench players" for a combined total of $50mil, even with blackloaded contracts. I don't quite understand the backloaded aspect of it, I mean I get the numbers, but he thinks they're bad contracts if we try to trade either one of them on the last year of their deal.

Would this still make teams, in general, hesitant to take on their contracts? Is this supposed to be part of the risk?

10. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

Hey if you need help removing the large pole from your behind...just let me know, my neighbor is a doctor and will probably give you a good rate.

1 person likes this.
  11. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

The structure of the deal is completely irrelevant if those players stay with the Rockets. Unless you're Les Alexander's accountant, exactly what years he pays X amount makes no difference whatsoever. All that matters is the cap figure ($8.37/year), as it pertains to the salary cap line and the luxury tax.

In a hypothetical trade with other teams, it shouldn't matter unless you're dealing with an incredibly cheap owner (in which case I doubt they're interested in Asik, anyway). It mostly comes down to the cap figure. I mean, the owner would have to technically pay a higher figure in that third year... but the Rockets can and likely would (out of fairness) send the maximum $3 million in cash to compensate. Beyond that, it's a $3 to $4 million overpay, at most. Since it doesn't negatively impact their cap figure or luxury tax, that's wouldn't derail any deal except with a select few Charlotte-esque teams.

12. bgp10626

bgp10626 Member

Great Thread Bima. Thanks for the info. Bima question for you. with this you think rockets can sign 2 max players next year?

13. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Jeremy Lin is white. He is just not European. Ethnicity and skin color are not the same thing.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Its about to time to remember that the Rockets have been to the bid dance four times. Each time with a team having at least one high ranking player obtained in the draft or a younger player obtained through trade.
    Reaching the big dance was after effort and experience. It looks like to me that the repeat effort has just started again, especially with all the young talented players recently added to our roster.
    I just hope that the Management of the Rockets forget the word assets and concentrate on the words development , talent and team building
    I mention this because the long time fans of the club are feeling and cheering that we are back in the right direction!
    Under no circumstance should we squander our six new star to rebuild Orlando Magic. Even so, we should still make a big effort, while preserving our new talent to bring on board another young talented star player. Y

#54 Yetti, Jul 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  15. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Old note on the old team needs to be removed (RED)

16. psingh34

psingh34 Member

does that mean we may look to package him in a potential trade haha jk

17. Pete the Cheat

if we roll with the young guys and simply let Martin expire we would be playing with roughly ~$30MM in cap room next summer.

if the salary cap for 2013/14 is at or below $60MM, that would be enough to sign two players with than less than 6 years of experience to max deals

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q16

18. psingh34

psingh34 Member

not that this is a place for this conversation but i think people in europe identify themselves more with their nationalities than color of their skin. Which is why they may have an objection to being identified as white. Funny how we look to be identified by things that make us different .. and italian being classified as white would make them the same a french person being classified white .. so they would both prefer being classified as french and italian

19. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

From that picture you posted, he looks more peach than white. Compare his skin color to his jersey, which actually is white.

Jeremy Lin is peach?

1 person likes this.
  20. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

So if we get there, I guess it's safe to assume we offer max contract offer sheets to Harden and Ibaka.