1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Houston fans honor Olajuwon with long standing ovation

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

It still pisses me off that 96 season where we had Hakeem/Drexler/Barkley/Pippen and lost to the stupid Jazz. A Hakeem vs MJ series would have been unbelievable. A win and blemish on MJ's record and the world would be talking about Hakeem being the GOAT.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We didn't have Pippen.
    Pippen came after Clyde retired and we lost to the Lakers

3. Giant9erRocket

Sorry yes no Pippen but imagine if Drexler didn't retire the following year?

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

'97

And we didn't have #33 then...you know, he was helping MJ win the title that year.

That said,
    #bearhug

5. Giant9erRocket

My memory is starting to dwindle lol. Can anyone believe it's been 20 years?

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It was time for Drexler to retire. Remember when he couldn't dunk on a break away?

7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, yeah, I remember reading that, I still can't believe it. I mean just 2 would be wonderful but all 3, it would have been insane and we would all be labeled bandwagon fans, but I think I'd be okay with that :)

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

My game started to change a bit after Clyde showed up. I wanted to use both their moves and I did. Just at a driveway level though.

9. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

Pisses me off how wrong you got this :(