1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Heavy investment in Kevin Porter Jr raises serious questions about Rockets front office

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 20, 2023.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Bye Rafa...enter Patrick FernTits as your new GM!

amaru, Jontro, clos4life and 3 others like this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Spot on, and well written.

Stone probably saw what Morey did by enabling Harden and followed suite, but KPJ is way worse character wise than Harden who isn't all that great either.

DD

#3 DaDakota, Sep 20, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2023
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I laugh out loud whenever I hear Front Office now.

The Wood and Porter show.

#4 daywalker02, Sep 20, 2023
    txtodd likes this.
  5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Third!

This reads like Stone is either on the hot seat or should be. Like this was definitely the pet project of Stone’s, he may have talked the brass into this idea of Porter being the manufactured star, and he has been holding the broom, that’s swept the messes under the carpet, the whole time.

#5 don grahamleone, Sep 20, 2023
  6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Great stuff!

I continue to contend, not discounting the awful nature of the latest incident, or any of the incidents, this will be another way Stone fails his way to success. This being KPJ finally being off the team. It will be such a huge blessing.

I see no reason to keep Stone. But i wont cry a river if he isn't let go. I can both think he should be held accountable, and be happy with the draft picks (with Eli's help) and new coaching hire (with Tillman's decision making).

I am fine with the "attempt" to trade KPJ now to maintain salary for future trades or actually get a legit piece for the rotation this year...

BUT I also think that's pretty unlikely and also likely if something does happen ends in a bad trade. Stone hasn't exactly dominated trading.

Again, i want him let go. I think he can continue to f'up other stuff moving forward. this is ESPECIALLY true when it comes to consolidation of young players for a "THE MOVE" move. He most likely screws that up also.

But I'm not in charge of hiring/firing and am just ready to watch some basketball.

All in all its quite baffling.

7. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Yessir. Swing those balls on them!

Dredd likes this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He needs to be cut - for him to learn consequences......just in general.

DD

9. MystikArkitect

There's a lot more to it than what we know. Stone and Fertitta's fascination with KPj is unsettling at best. Tilman coming out to his defense at Ime's presser likely means both Stone and Fertitta were in cahoots as it pertained to making him relevant. But why? Anyone with working eyes could see he was a middling combo-guard talent at best. Even Mrs. Stone's obsession with him is weird. Was it simply them trying to find their "Altuve"? Unlikely. Jose never had a history like KPj.

BaselineFade, Entropy, amaru and 8 others like this.
  10. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Stone has to go. I believed in him at first, I really did, but over the last couple of years it has become increasingly clear that he is way over his head. This should be the last straw for him.

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

An extremely vocal 10% of the fanbase, too.

Thank god it's over. Shame it had to end this way. But what a feeling of vindication after the miles of dunning-kruger stream of consciousness belligerence written here and on Twitter about KPJ by arm-chair coaches. I am happy if I never have to see another thread about KPJ in my life. Playing this tunnel-visioned street baller at PG stunted the growth of 10 other players around him, and for what? Bye.

If only Stone and Fertitta could follow him out.

cml750, hajkov, Arnel and 14 others like this.
  12. i3artow i3aller

13. Dredd

Dredd Member

I can see 2 players leaving after another 60 loss season.

Sengun
    - "Hellooiii Alexa, tell me the best hookah spots in Boston, Chicago, Atl, Brooklyn, Cleveland, Charlotte, NYC, Detroit, Miami, Orlando, Indianapolis, Philly, Toronto, Milwaukee, Washington, Denver, San Fran, Dallas, LA, Minneapolis, Memphis, Okc, Portland, Phoenix, New Orleans, Utah, Sacramento, San Antonio.

Green - "Ayy Alexa, tell me the best nail salons in Boston, Chicago, Atl, Brooklyn, Cleveland, Charlotte, NYC, Detroit, Miami, Orlando, Indianapolis, Philly, Toronto, Milwaukee, Washington, Denver, San Fran, Dallas, LA, Minneapolis, Memphis, Okc, Portland, Phoenix, New Orleans, Utah, Sacramento, San Antonio."

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

Reading Clutch's article and then thinking back to these delusional self claims earlier this weekthat says the total opposite lol

15. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

We got rid of Silas. KPJ is gone. Stone needs to be next.

cml750, hajkov, Arnel and 17 others like this.
  16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Not just the FO, not just Stone

We can't forget the head honcho himself

cml750, hajkov, Arnel and 20 others like this.
  17. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

You left a name off the end of your sentence.

[​IMG]

clos4life and napalm06 like this.
  18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

We are stuck with Tilman. That's the one variable in the equation that will be constant unless he pulls some Donald Sterling level stunt.

19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

We need a gm who knows it’s his or her job to support the coach rather than the two latest we’ve had that try to call all the shots because statistically speaking they know everything. Chemistry matters.

BamBam, DeBeards and kpdark like this.
  20. i3artow i3aller