1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Harden, Howard show signs of real chemistry in dominating Spurs (w/ Video)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Harden is looking good.

2. Gil

Gil Member

I feel sorry for the rest of the League.

3. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Wow. Gettin goosebumps game after game. I am praying for a healthy rockets season and post season!!!

We are going to be very special. Playoff bound. And Finals type of special.

Ahhhhhhh!!!

4. NewAge

NewAge Member

what I liked most about the 3rd Q: Spurs were only shooting jumpers. They could not get close to the rim at all.

5. vator

vator Contributing Member

When was this? I saw him get on Lin for not picking up a guy in transition.

6. I'm Tom Brady

I'm Tom Brady Member

It's so awesome, I love still having Omer on this team

Savor it people

7. Ben.hardy25

Ben.hardy25 Member

For those who don't think Asik and Dwight can play together offensively. Let just take a history lesson back to last season. Who was the starting power forward for the last 16 regular season games and all 6 playoff games? I do believe that was Greg smith. Who has a much more limited offensive game than Dwight by a long shot. The offense didnt struggle one but with smith and Asik out there and the spacing wasn't a problem either. It made the defense slightly better and anything was a rebounding advantage over d mo or Patterson.

So my point of this is, if Greg smith and Asik could play together without hindering the fast pace, floor spacing, and hardens ability to attack the rim. The only thing I see happening is Dwight and Asik being a much better combo of those two. Having another guy to drop the ball off for dunks or alley oops, a guy that sets much better screens, actually has the ability to catch and score in the post, and will draw much more attention down low to open up the shooters. Those two will only have a problem against trams that don't start a power forward, but luckily none of those teams are the best teams in the league, except of course Miami. But i think Dwight could dominate the heats front court and we could go small ball with them and just have a bigger small ball lineup than them. But against the best teams in the west, they all play two big men which plays right into the hands of us playing Asik and Dwight together.

So for those doubting, just wait for the regular season and Asik to get into game shape, and that will be the most physically imposing front court in the league, and Dwight parsons and harden will be able to score an make it look effortless. That's how you can tell the great players from the really good ones. The great players make it look so easy. Harden and parsons already make everything they do very easy, and Dwight will only help then out, and Dwight will make it look easy once he is fully acclimated to the system and other teammates.

This is going to be a great season and seasons to come. It's a great time to be a houstonian and rockets fan.

Red Nation Stand Up!!!!

1 person likes this.
  8. Ben.hardy25

Ben.hardy25 Member

The other thing about keeping Asik, and playing Dwight and Asik together, is also staggering their minutes as well. They don't need to play every minute together. 10-20 minutes per game would be good with me, but the main thing is to have 48 minutes of rim protection. That cannot be overlooked. It is one of the most important factors to a championship team, especially with somewhat weak perimeter defenders like harden and Lin. So if they play some together, and some by themselves, we could play the whole season with a top 5 rim protector at all times, and that's outs an extreme amount of pressure on the opposing teams to knock down perimeter shots and thinking twice about putting up shots in the paint.

9. c1utchmatic

c1utchmatic Member

When I went to the Pelicans game, I remember him pulling off the same shot. Could be a great move for him if he needs a bailout late in shot clock

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Wow. You have really gone out on a limb here. :p

Why can't we just celebrate the Rockets without mentioning that other abomination? They're Houston teams in different sports after all.

EDIT: I realize I have forgotten to express how fantastic this clip and article are. It's great to have this kind of excitement and buzz going into the season. Every time I mention the Rockets at work, I get an instant reaction of people ranting about Dwight Howard being weak-minded or the Rockets being overrated. They're scared!

#30 napalm06, Oct 25, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Well out of the three major sports only one team has a championship... excuse me championships.

12. jocar

jocar Member

16 rebounds for DH? 11 assists/3 steals for for the no D, hero baller?
    This is gettin good!

[​IMG]

13. AFS

AFS Member

14. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

itshappening.gif

15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

That's becoming his signature move, IMO. Unstoppable. Two of my faves:

On Reggie Jackson:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ugPWJLaG414" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pretty one at 6:13 on Ibaka:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Ps3RgtlG7e0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If the shot clock is running down and he starts crossing you, you know what's coming -- but there is no stopping it.

16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

And I know exactly what you're talking about, dtduong. I was at that game too, and I saw it coming. As soon as he started crossing dude up I yelled, "Here comes the stepback!" LOL. Sure enough, SPLASH. :grin:

17. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Dwight actually talked about that after the last game. He said they were on the same side too often. So I guess this is them working on it.

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I will come to Houston for the NBA Finals!

19. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Heat/Rockets 7 game series

book it

20. hooroo

hooroo Member

Even the 1Q was good fir the Towers. If it weren't for the 5 wasted possessions, ie 3 travels by Dwight and 2 mishandled passes by Asik.

It was simply a harder task to score for the Spurs.

Bev + TT = basketball alchemy