1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Wizards @ Rockets 2/12/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 11, 2014.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

This shows the limitations of statistics. I don't feel that Jeremy is a star player, but he is undoubtedly valuable for us.

2. Stats

Stats Member

It is highly misleading if you user Per Game statistics. This stat requires a lot of samples specifically because of the problem you just mentioned. Both the opponent and own team line ups are different, so you can't really compare between players.

3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Games Threads = Jeremy Lin Debates.

4. Razsan

Razsan Member

I'd be curious (and I'm not making any assumptions), if it starts with a Lin detractor making a dig at Lin or if it's a Lin fan complaining about an issue in the game. I seem to start following the threads after the game when we're 70-80 pages in..

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It doesn't matter. At this point it's just like any bad relationship, where any tension (forget to call, picked up the wrong kind of peanut butter at the store, didn't wash dishes) leads to same old frustrating argument. We are locked in this marriage as long as: (1) Lin in in a Rockets uniform, and (2) isn't earning, to the eyes of a broad base of fans, what we would unanimously agree to be starter's minutes. We just have to ride it out. It's like having a celebrity like Miley Cyrus on your team. :eek:

6. New

Single game defense. offensive rating and +/- numbers all have huge variances. Seriously, a so called stats without variance numbers is just BS.... If there is a statistician posting numbers without a variance, he / she should be fired...

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

All it takes is a one simple critique and the conversation will go on for days.

8. Raynesis

Raynesis Member

This is something I have observed for multiple games now. He seems to prefer passing to Harden/Parsons over Lin and no, I am not implying anything.

But because he does this several times per game, I am almost sure we lose a few fastbreak opportunities.

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I think it will come in time. It takes time to trust your teammates, some more than others. Sometimes Jeremy's decision making looks horrible but most of the time it's either amazing or solid. Dwight is just trying to figure out when to give it to him and when not to, he may also be worried that he will turn the ball over. I think it's much like the D-mo situation where everyone knows D-mo is a pretty post player but they don't pass him the ball in the post because sometimes he gets a bit ahead of himself or nervous and he turns the ball over. Once he gets more confidence he will get the ball and be lethal in the post, I think it will be the same for Lin-Howard they are starting to trust a little more.

10. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Fair enough, but then you really should also count Wall's 14 assists as made baskets too.

Wall's 3 steals should also be factored in.

11. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

It feels like we played every team except Miami

12. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Absolutely. That's why a comprehensive rating based on many factors is much more desireable that just one number such as turnovers,PPS,etc.

13. Clarinetmonster

I think you may be right, but it's just kinda funny about the turnover thing as Dwight turns it over more than Jeremy.

1 person likes this.
  14. Drphil

Drphil Member

Wall also had 19 more attempts than Lin's measly 8 attempts.

The wizards only made 45.4% of their baskets that night while we made 53.1%. Yet, they made more baskets than we did. 44-97 > 36-64 What saved us is the free throw disparity that night.

So while we can sit here and gloat about our scoring efficiency, we almost let a game slip by us from not getting enough possessions to throw up baskets.

15. Razsan

Razsan Member

I'm not gloating about anything..I was responding to a poster who stated that Lin had an overall bad night because of his turnovers.

16. B-Bob

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  17. Classic

Classic Member

& laughter rang through my house

18. B-Bob

That makes me happy. Have been wanting to find a way to use that weird ad for a few days now.

19. Classic

Classic Member

[​IMG]

:cool:

20. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Lmao.. that's awesome.