1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Wizards @ Rockets 12/12/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 11, 2012.

1. ERC

ERC Member

I dunno... I mean I like TD's energy and recent contribution a lot but between the 2 I think Delfino is the better playmaker.

Still remember those preseason games where TD had free reign on playmaking. Not pretty... :p

2. ERC

ERC Member

Rondo said, "“I hope [Lin] has success with the Rockets, except against the Celtics. We plan on beating the Rockets pretty bad this year and hopefully I have something to do with it. But he is going to compete and I wish him well.”

Rondo Talks Jeremy Lin

3. Luca

Luca Member

4. Luca

Luca Member

Thank you for the quote.

5. fishguy91

fishguy91 Member

I only remembered reading the headline that some fans in Asia were angry at Rondos remarks on Lin back then. I just googled, and his exact words are

"It's a different season. He's going to be in all the scouting reports. I'm sure he's up for the challenge as well. He's played against the best so he knows.

"I hope he has success with the Rockets, except against the Celtics. We plan on beating the Rockets pretty bad this year and hopefully I have something to do with it. But he is going to compete and I wish him well."

Guess his words were taken out of context and they fooled me. Sorry for the misinformation.

6. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I thought Lin was pretty good in the second haf. I dont know where another bad game nonsense is coming from. I think his awarness or court vision is alot better then it was earlier in the season.

7. Lihao

Lihao Member

lesson no.1 never trust the media :p

8. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

To make all this happen, McHale needs to have the roles of all these players clearly defined to them. Tonight it was a mess.

9. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Rondo is a bit of a math prodigy, and as we know from ESPN mag, Lin scored 800 out of 800 on some advanced SAT test.

Maybe they get together and solve quadratic equations.

I can see why Lin looks up to Rondo -- Lin's not been a good shooter over his career. He did improve a lot last year, especially his free throws. I see improvement this year too, slump and all -- just has to not over think things.

10. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

When did Harden stated that?

11. ERC

ERC Member

12. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

13. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

One more game above .400 (preferably at .500 or higher) for Lin and he'll be above .400 for the first time this season! Yay, hopefully he's officially just going to be a bad shooter, not a terrible one. This is cause for celebration! Wee.

14. ERC

ERC Member

LOL! Lin is not a bad shooter - he shot 44.6% last year. Besides, with his work ethics I'm sure he's just going to get better and better.

But yeah, I too noticed that he's currently at 39.9% (and his 3pt% is finally above 30%). Speaking of trey's, Lin needs to keep his foot off of the 3-point line. He's shot way too many "long 2's" simply because he's got a foot on the line. :rolleyes:

15. peter2012

peter2012 Member

I agree, even lin voted him for all star game and lin also wants to become a pass first PG himself. I am glad a few celtics fans are lin fans too, but I always hope celtics lose because of rondo, such a *******. That is why Ray allen left for Heats.

16. eman

eman Contributing Member

Tony Parker's pretty good, and he just had his first triple-double (against us, go figure). Rondo, on the other hand, you pretty much expect him to have a triple-double every game. Rondo's freaking amazing. Hope Lin gives it his all Friday night.

17. Orange1

Orange1 Member

Rockets won. However this ballgame was as bored as it can be. No team balls. No fun. :(

18. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

thought we are worst in attendance. apparently, no.Milwaukee 98, Sacramento 85 Jennings 19 Pts Evans 17 Pts 11,491
    Houston 99, Washington 93 Harden 31 Pts Beal 20 Pts 13,351
    Oklahoma City 92, New Orleans 88 Durant 35 Pts Roberts 16 Pts 18,203
    Minnesota 108, Denver 105 Pekovic 22 Pts Faried 26 Pts 16,444
    Phoenix 82, Memphis 80 Brown 15 Pts
    Dudley 15 Pts Gay 21 Pts 13,093

19. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

He's shooting better than Deron Williams lol....

20. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Sounds like we had another bad game and got lucky. This does not bode well for the game against the Celtics.