1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Wizards @ Rockets 12/12/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Arthurprescott2

Hilarious how we're praising our PF for going to the rim aggressively a total of TWO times during an entire game where he played 32 mins.

2. Arthurprescott2

Really??

3. pnr

pnr Member

Really ugly win. But a win nonetheless. Lin had an efficient game but needs to be more aggressive and less Rondo-like in his desire to be a pass-first point guard. Oh well, as long as he can step it up when he is needed then I'll be happy. Chandler is so clutch! Harden was his usual self, but kinda tailed off in the second quarter.

4. pnr

pnr Member

Ugh, I mean second half.

5. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Hardin had a great game...though Hardin and Lin shouldn't be killing themselves this game as it was a was an easy game and should have been much easier....Friday is the real challenge. They win that one and upset Toronto and it's back to over .500. I still think Lin needs to take at least 10-15 shots on a nightly basis. He's passing way to many shots that didn't connect for assists.

6. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Wat

7. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

upset toronto? since when are we the underdogs in that one

8. roxxy

roxxy Member

Yes. Lin went to Harvard right & that is in Boston. Rondo holds charity games at Harvard & back when Lin was in college & in GSW I believe he would participate. The Celtics actually wanted to pick him up back when Houston cut him but NY had the worst record so the Celtics didn't get him.

Lin also did an interview with the Rockets it was on the website & he said that his favourite PG was Rondo.

9. Entropy

Entropy Member

They killed any aggressive mentality in him when they banished him to D-league last year.

10. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

except he regained some of that at the beginning of this year. He had a good start...and last I checked he hasn't been sent to the d-league this year so that doesn't make sense

11. OremLK

OremLK Member

I don't mind him being less aggressive than he was during Linsanity. He doesn't need to play hyper-aggressive or be the first scoring option, that's why we have Harden.

What I do mind is that he still has not been efficient enough on his shots, and he passes up too many open looks as a result. If he turns out to be a 14, 7, and 4 point guard on 44% shooting I'm totally fine with that.

Unfortunately right now he's an 11, 6, and 4 point guard on 40% shooting. Not good enough.

12. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Houston doesn't have the best road record.....but they've been doing great against the Eastern Conference teams...I wouldn't take "upset" literally but just a simple W that's all.

13. Arthurprescott2

Huh awesome. Yea Rondo's my fav PG of the league too. But I live in Boston so I might be a bit biased. :p

14. lfw

lfw Rookie

He's inconsistent like most of the young guys on the team.

15. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

even though we play the celtics on espn friday i hope JVG is commentating because hes a good guy to listen to

16. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

You like his 59% FT? ;)

17. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

Roxxy....how did you conclude that Rondo and Lin are close? I agree with you on Lin & Pierce. If only I can paste the pic of them on this post.

18. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

I think McHale is doing a better job of coaching and substituting. I like his rotation right now. Morris might be nice to come in sooner for PPat, but not if he's scoring.

19. linbandwagon

linbandwagon Member

Another Boston Rondo/Lin fan here! Lets be friends.

You going to the game on Friday?

20. roxxy

roxxy Member

Rondo is very meh to me. But yes Lin & Rondo are close it seems, from the outside looking in at least. Obviously I don't know personally.

I prefer Hubie Brown.