1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Wizards @ Rockets 12/12/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Its on ESPN.. and it's in OT.. and it's a great game. Pretty exciting.

2. Arthurprescott2

I don't really bother pointing out his good side cause I know it and I dont need to say it. but since you're forcing me:
    caveat: I only started watching from late in the 3rd.
    - good D - he always seems to be able to guard bigger guys - he's just got defensive fundamentals drilled into him. Awesome.
    - efficient game - 4/8 FGs - got some late assists to get that up to a respectable number
    - as always, great full court passes
    - I REALLY like how he's learned to switch up speeds and added in more hesitation moves while dribbling among defenders than before - sorta dribbling around in circles in the paint - patience in looking for an open guy (maybe sometimes a bit too much patience though) - in general he looks calmer with the ball in his hands, no longer going w/ reckless speed.

3. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Agree so much about Rondo. I was ecstatic when his assists streak ended. Celtics game is on Friday.

4. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

That pretty much sums it up.

But his ankle was sore after today's shootaround. Wonder if he's trying not to do too much? Missing the first two FTs maybe some indication that he's not 100%.

5. Arthurprescott2

I think Friday - I'll miss it most likely. Office holiday party :(.

6. kozmo

kozmo Member

agreed, needs to shoot more...15 a game

7. Alex L.

Haha... Harden already openly said that there's only one star in this team and he's recruiting more from outside to build a championship team :grin:

8. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

In Lin's interview today, he said one coach told him"it's selfish not to shoot open looks". Yet, he still passed up the open-looks.

It's getting to a degree that a coach has to use such words to encourage Lin to shoot, it's so ridiculous.

I agree with that coach. Lin''s trying to be unselfish on the court and not shooting open looks is actually hurting the team's offense. In that sense he is selfish (to try to maintain an unselfish image and be loved by his teammates). :rolleyes:

9. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

Just got back from the game! Overall it was pretty decent. Even though the Wiz kept it close, it never felt like they were seriously threatening. Lin seemed tentative again but they got it together in the end. The Tony Douglas half-court shot was sweet and brought the crowd to its feet. Although I was expecting a blow out, most of the fans were calm and we all felt like "we got this." The 1st quarter was great and the D seemed more together.

I saw Connor Barwin there, he was sitting courtside (I was row 10 behind him). Waited for him to walk up the steps at one point and told him to whoop Indy's a$$. He said "that won't be a problem." ha--so I'm keeping you to that Connor.

10. Alex L.

Haha... I'm not forcing you! But thanks for spreading some love!

11. JK1

JK1 Member

damn, all the vets are gone, and this game thread quickly turned into Lin thread. guess we have taken over this forum.

12. nono

nono Member

He has to develop a ruthless streak. Just go outside and kick some puppies. Being so nice isn't really good in a sport that is so competitive.

13. lfw

lfw Rookie

Looks like they were trying to limit Lin's minutes because of the sprained ankle. He only played 30 minutes tonight. I think that's a good idea with Boston on National TV on Friday.

Harden is back in form even though the refs were giving him zero love tonight.

2Pat is still scared of rebounds but he was aggressive going to the hoop twice tonight.

Douglas held the 2nd unit together when Harden and Lin were on the bench. Last year, I never ever thought I would ever say Douglas held any unit together.

Asik played a good game. Would of liked him to get 1 more point for a double-double.

WTF is up with Delfino? He's been very cold with his shot. But more concerning is the fact that Delfino playing PG a lot now. WTF??? Douglas was bringing the ball over half court and passing it to Delfino to create on the pick and roll. Delfino turns it over WAY too much to handle the ball this much.

Sloppy game against bad competition. Still happy with the win though.

14. Alex L.

Haha... I wish this Celtics/Dallas game goes to 6-OTs and Celtics can win it. We can use a tired Celtics team on Friday :)

15. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Delfino has been notoriously inconsistent his entire career. That's just who he is.

16. Mr. Dominant

As Kobe once said, "Everything negative—pressure, challenges—is all an opportunity for me to rise." Something Lin should take into perspective.

Mr. D

17. Mr. Dominant

This! :cool:

18. lfw

lfw Rookie

I agree with that but what about all the ball-handling and PG play? I rather much rather Toney handle the ball than Delfino.

19. roxxy

roxxy Member

Well the Celtics game will be very fun. Nationally televised game against Rondo his favourite PG. Rondo & him are also very close, same with Lin & Pierce so hopefully he is more aggressive.

20. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

Morris played like trash again. Don't know what got into him. He seems to be regressing