1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Wizards @ Rockets 1/26/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Mr Striker09

Mr Striker09 Member

We still havent had a full healthy roster yet lol smh, Wood will be missing tmw

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

May not play Pelicans due to the covid restrictions but even so that is still a lot of games in short time + load management.

Our Young Guns should get a lot more moments in the sun.

3. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Won't happen. Westbrook will probably lose the ball on his way up

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

How do Rockets buy ... er, find ... their own Scott Foster?

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

The baby blues are growing on me.

I hate myself for admitting it, but its true.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

7. Salvy

Salvy Member

Harden is a quitter, a great player thou. We've seen that for 8 years but for entire games. Lets see if he can do it when it really matters. I hope he can.

Dopamine, DaDakota and D-rock like this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

We can agree to disagree about how a "great" player that consistently helps take his teams to the playoffs and 3 Finals can be construed a quitter.

burlesk likes this.
  9. Salvy

Salvy Member

Wait, we are talking about Harden? 3 finals? You mean the OKC team where he came off the bench and was traded for Kevin Martin because no one knew how good he would actually be.

Harden is an incredible player, possibly the best I've ever seen. He did quit on The Rockets thou, I just don't even see a disagreement, he literally quit. Like, he actually quit. What would you say Harden did? Serious question.... Not even a gotchu or anything. Did Harden just seek a new opportunity? He just left?

10. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

So if you decide to leave a team one time you're a quitter? MJ was a quitter, then, when he decided to go try baseball for two years? (Maybe he gets a pass cuz he already had 3 rings?). Or if Mike Trout decided to leave the Angels?... Also not a gotchu, just trying to pin down what being a quitter means.

To me, being a quitter implies a pattern, repeated...

I buy what James was saying about having given it everything he had and feeling he had a better chance to get that chip for his legacy in NJ... Seems reasonable to me. Sure he could've handled it better most likely, but I didn't feel like it was egregious either. Just like I wouldn't feel like it would be egregious if DW4 decides he's done playing for the Texans.

Quitting doing something over and over and over again without the desired results,in favor of trying something different, to me does not make one a quitter (what was Einstein's definition of insanity, again?)... It seems reasonable and even healthy, while being a quitter connotes being soft and giving up prematurely... It MAY be true that James could've got his chip here, but I don't think it's unreasonable that he felt done trying here, especially given the off-season developments... Not sure why he was supposed to trust the process at this stage of his career.

#90 burlesk, Jan 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
    Salvy and D-rock like this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

12. Salvy

Salvy Member

MJ had already won championships for Chi Town, he did not say "F Pippen he sucks ass I'm gonna go play baseball because The Bulls aint good enough". MJ pursued a childhood passion once he had given Chicago his all. Then came back and did it again.

Its not really about Harden leaving the team, its about giving up on a season that was just starting and not even trying. Yes, he had virtually no chance to win it all with this group but he did not even try. That's quitter mentality don't you think? What do you call someone who gives up before even trying something?

I'm sure he wanted out before the season even started but because of who he is this type of deal was not an easy task. The season started and Harden could not hang in there with this team, he left. I think its not unreasonable to say he quit. I understand why he quit, I hope he wins it all with Brooklyn. But he did give up on my team. Yeah, Harden is looking for that championship. And that's okay. But if he does accomplish it, I hope he remembers the guys, the city, the team he left behind to get it.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

If playing, likely starting.

That has been Silas trend so far.

Hopefully will not need to play heavy minutes.

14. Salvy

Salvy Member

He is going to be rusty, has probably been really busy with the funeral and all.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  15. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Well, OK, yes that MJ example was not a good one. And James ******** on his teammates on the way out was poor form. And he really didn't try at all this season, that's true. I'm just not going to judge him for that stuff, ultimately, I guess, because I am assuming that he had issues with TF which may well be legit, and I can imagine that he may have felt a little desperate about it all... What do I know though lol. I just feel like he really did give the Rockets his best shot for a long time (with occasional lapses) just as you point out that MJ did, without the same level of success and without MJ's killer instincts, but that's an awfully high bar to set I think... I just find it all pretty reasonable, taken as a whole. I mean, considering how much he did for the Rockets and how much **** he got in the media etc. That would drive ME pretty nuts.

All that being said -- sure, I would certainly have preferred if he would've given this new team a real try, given it time to work itself out, for the team to gel etc... Like he surely would've done earlier in his career. I guess it's just too easy for me to imagine him having reached a point of no return with TF, and I can't judge him for that...

For what any of it matters lol.

Am very interested to follow the Rockets through this next phase, though, see what Stone and Silas can do with this group. Am enjoying the fresh vibes, and happy to let James do James, with few regrets... Don't want to hang on to what-ifs, I guess. Ready to remember the good times fondly, remain a Harden fan, and move on... More fun for me that way. But I don't begrudge anyone their feelings if they're pissed at him, either, that's understandable.

Also I feel like James has a lot of love for Houston and wouldn't ever forget, as he said, the team and the city that believed in him and gave him the chance that made him who he is today...

#95 burlesk, Jan 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
    BamBam and Salvy like this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets have become an excellent catch and shoot team.

Except for Nwaba.

burlesk, BHannes2BHonest and hakeem94 like this.
  17. Roxfan4lyfe

Roxfan4lyfe Member

Facts bro.. no knock on James game but he quit on the Rockets on multiple occasions. But I’m not bout to bash him I just lost respect for him because the way he did the Rockets and he burn his bridges

Salvy, hakeem94 and Denovo like this.
  18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Just win, baby, woooooo!!!

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  19. Hesitation

Hesitation Member

Must win vs Wizards. They are out of rythm, RW is trash and they play with a small rotation due to health and safety protocol. Double Beal and we are all good.

bro2044 likes this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

ITS GAMEDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]