1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 5/28/2018 (Western Conference Finals, Game 7)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 27, 2018.

1. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

No loss is ever 100% on the officiating. If the Rockets could’ve shot 30% or better from three, they win tonight. But the refs helped the Warriors keep the deficit manageable at halftime with two non calls on Harden threes. Then they continued the trend into the 3rd quarter.

The poor shooting by the Rockets made sure they couldn’t overcome the refs impact.

ak99999 and Lawlruschang like this.
  2. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Kind of moronic to not blame the refs.

Yet quote a number as a source to validate your argument that is clearly incorrect, based on the refs.

This is turning into a pretty awkward situation for you.

touring_low and Lawlruschang like this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

LOL yea, I guess not having CP3 and having to defend the greatest team of all time and holding them to under 100 arent minor things either. Dudes dont know anything in here i swear

Edit Sorry...they scored 101...my bad lol

Lawlruschang and AuburnRocket like this.
  4. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

HillBoy, long time no post I see...

No you cannot be more than dead wrong my friend. I have mad respect for LeBron because he came BACK to Cleveland and finished what he promised he would do for them and that is win them a championship. Yes, I was upset when he first left to go to the Heat but those feelings went away when he re-joined the Cavs.

The only thing that would redeem the pseudo tough Durant in my eyes is if he left the Warriors and went back to OKC and helped them win a championship.

So nice try but uh no...

And for the record, I really would not want James here but if he comes then there is not much I can do about it. I will still follow the Rockets. The only player the Rockets could get that would make me no longer root for them is the donkey.

5. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Well, they had 3 fouls in the first 4 minutes ... 6 hack a Capela..that's 9 of the 22. So, 13 foul shots for the rest of the game for a team that had 56 points in the paint to 28 ! Also...WHEN were the other 13 fouls called ? It matters BIG TIME !

Let me repeat that again.....28 MADE baskets in the paint. 90 shots attempted, 46 in the paint.

#3425 AuburnRocket, May 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 29, 2018
    Lawlruschang likes this.
  6. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

7. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Well off to bed I go - probably will not get any sleep tonight...have to be at work at 8. God tomorrow is going to be such a sucky ass day.

8. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Um...the genesis of my statement was idiots blaming refs. What does CP3 being out have anything to do with refs?

9. Remlap

Remlap Member

You can cite stats, but the 'non-calls' that don't make the books also helped shape the game.

Bell crowds and bumps Harden on a 'missed' 3 = no call
    Harden rips through Bell on a 3 attempt. OBVIOUS foul = no call
    EG mugged in the lane going for 2 = no call
    Bell shoving/moving backwards to take James out of play = 3 for Curry - NO CALL

You add up those 'hidden' stats and that's the difference in the game.
    I counted at least 14 points shaved. We only lost by 9.
    NOW you do the math and see what you get. . . .
    THAT's where the Warriors 4th Q 'magic' happened.

In a magic trick and illusion it's not what you SEE, but rather what you DON'T see that makes the illusion work.
    Think about that

#3429 Remlap, May 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 29, 2018
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

if you can't see how an obvious 3rd quarter of getting GS going and taking hou out of their rhythm impacted the game then you're just too stubborn to admit it. a list of those non calls, you wouldnt even be able to get away with in a local league

11. AuburnRocket

If you can't see where officiating played any part in a 9 point game (missed shots aside) I don't think there's any help for you....wasn't just this game...ALL games especially last 2. To quote some other tweets..."the game was criminally called".

Lawlruschang likes this.
  12. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Look at the boxscore.
    What is incorrect about 7/44 or rockets having more free throws and less fouls called?

13. HP3

HP3 Member

Bro LOL a whole lot of people not just us are complaining about those refs, they missed OBVIOUS calls, we LOST BY 9 points. We played AMAZING defense...and nothing went in our favor, yea we were cold i get it...but to ask us not to complain about refs when it was that close....is just not gonna happen

14. HP3

HP3 Member

LOL what do you want from them they are defending GS it happen
    Ok I'm done...this is ridiculous.

15. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

You do realize even if you take out the Hack A, the rockets shot more free throws and had less fouls called on them?

16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

How often did the Warriors attack the basket? Curry, Durant, and Thompson were shooting 3s or midrange. Harden and Gordon attacked relentlessly and hardly ever got to the line after the 1st quarter. Harden was fouled on 4 3-point attempts and got no free throws out of any of them.

Tfor3, Lawlruschang and AuburnRocket like this.
  17. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Why is it idiotic to suggest the officials helped put the Warriors in a position to steal games 6 and 7 in the second half? That’s exactly what happened. To overcome it, the Rockets had to make shots. They didn’t so they couldn’t.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  18. AuburnRocket

Yeah...did you not read my post ?

Well, they had 3 fouls in the first 4 minutes ... 6 hack a Capela..that's 9 of the 22. So, 13 fouls for the rest of the game for a team that had 56 points in the paint to 28 ! Also...WHEN were the other 13 fouls called ? It matters BIG TIME !

Let me repeat that again.....28 MADE baskets in the paint. 90 shots attempted, 46 in the paint.

#3425AuburnRocket, 13 minutes ago

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

You do realize everything you're trying to use as a basis for you not admiting the ref impact is after the fact right. All of those things are a result of a 3rd quarter to knock off Houston

Lawlruschang likes this.
  20. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

I’m sorry if you can’t see the incredible swing that happened at the end of the 1st half on no-calls that were ABSOLUTELY fouls. 6 free throws taken from Harden that led to 6 points for GS. We’re talking about a 20-23 point halftime lead if that reverses. It was the timing of the calls that really hurt.

Lawlruschang likes this.