1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 5/28/2018 (Western Conference Finals, Game 7)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 27, 2018.

1. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Why do people always blame refs?

Free throws: warriors 14, rockets 22

Fouls: warriors 22, rockets 17

I guess the stats are just to throw everyone off the scent

2. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

10 points!!!! 10 points,,,,, 10 ********points.... 10 consecutive ******* points they stole from Harden.... Rockets were up and rolling then that **** happens.....smh....

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

pringles and morey aren't worth a few hundred million like harden, i guess they still need their jobs. remember stern publicly telling JVG that if we wanted to remain in the league he needed to shut his mouth

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Best of luck elsewhere.

Joe Johnson, who just finished his 17th NBA season, has no doubt that he wants to continue his career. "Hell yeah, I want to keep rolling," Johnson told ESPN. "I'm not even thinking about [retiring]." He said he'd be interested in re-signing with the Rockets. "I would love to have a chance to win a ring," he said. "I thought we had a great opportunity, man. It slipped away from us. I want to go to a contender. I don't want to just be out here playing just to be playing."

5. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

You do realize that 6 FT were hack a Capela, right ?

BigShasta likes this.
  6. Rocketsfan3422

Harden echoing what we all are saying. Refs with questionable calls and warriors with 4 all stars

AuburnRocket likes this.
  7. AuburnRocket

LOL...they paying MDA in green stamps ?

8. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

You literally could not have picked a worse game to come out here with this nonsense.

People who understand the greater game of basketball know there's more, much, much more than just numbers.

9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

People are gonna point to the free throw numbers and conveniently leave that out. Along with the fact that the Warriors weren't attacking the basket nearly as much as the Rockets were tonight. Even Durant basically settled for fadeaways and long 3's in the 4th. Give him credit for making them, but Golden State doesn't play a style that leads to lots of free throws.

AuburnRocket likes this.
  10. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

And even with that, they still would have more free throws and less fouls called on them

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. jboslett

jboslett Member

I don’t want Lebron. I don’t want to look back on James and CP getting a chip because he came to town.

That’s what makes this **** so frustrating. You strategically put together a roster with a bunch of complimentary parts that completely earns its steamrolling of the league, yet you lose to an all star team that exists with several of the players either playing or planning to play under their market value. The worst part about it is that there is no humility on that roster. Their ring leader feigns it in when he calls CP going down tragic, but you secretly know he was hoping for that to happen to save his ass from losing with his all star team.

That’s why it comes down to hoping we can bring Lebron to town. What’s the fun in that?

Little Bit, pahiyas and HP3 like this.
  13. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I don't really feel anger toward him but definite frustration. And I'm frustrated that team couldn't have a legitimate backup plan for when he inevitably went down with an injury. Paul has no real leverage imo and has to take a pay cut so the team can sign more players to cover up for his lack of ability to stay on the court. He's in the best spot to win big and no other team is going to give him a max or anywhere close to a max with him being older and so injury prone.

14. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

You are right. 7-44 and 0-27 were just minor numbers in deciding the game.

15. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Chris Paul to Warriors confirmed.

16. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Oh, you mean the guy who had played out his contract and was a FREE AGENT who could sign with ANY team in the league? That guy? Much like what LeBron James will be come summer? I suppose that you'd be just as pissed at him if he were to "take his talents" (again) somewhere besides Cleveland...unless he picks Houston which would make it OK in your book I suppose because that would be different. You want to b**** about the current state of the league - you looking for someone to blame? Then blame King James - after all he started this crap when he decided to "take his talents to Miami".

17. Soneca

Soneca Member

He was 24 min away from running to Houston had we won, anything can happen indeed

18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Rockets have no choice. They will not win a title next season with this roster. Not because they won't be good. But because when push comes to shove, the Warriors will be handed another Western Conference title. The only way you overcome that is to go get the one guy who Adam Silver values in the Finals more than Curry and Durant.

It's one of several reasons I'm really disenchanted with this league right now. They're ruining their product by making it almost a necessity to put together a superteam in order to compete for a title. Occasionally one "ordinary" team will sneak in there and steal a championship(2011 Mavs, 2014 Spurs), but otherwise you better have 3-4 All-Stars on your squad or you ain't sniffing the Larry O'Brien trophy.

ramotadab and jboslett like this.
  19. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Just stop it. Back away from the keyboard....seriously dude.

Maybe you are just wanting to be contrarian but now is not the time to do that.

20. AuburnRocket

Thanks for pointing that out....Houston points in the paint 56 Golden State 28 ! YOU get the picture.